CHAPTER TWENTY NINE - COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

Xavier POV

"Sorry Son, we didn't mean to interrupt your precious moment with Char. We just thought you were out of the house!" She said to me trying to console me.

I know and I understand what she said. My parents would never intrude but it's the moment I've been waiting for. It just slipped away from me.

I swear I feel like on drugs..I can still feel her lips on me. My body is shaking because I want her more.

"Why didn't you follow her?" My dad said and I froze there.

"Shit! I don't know. I feel like it's like a dream! I thought I was just dreaming!" I told them.

My mom lets out a giggle.

"You know, you boys are suck! But for your information your dad is kind of like that too!!" My mom said,

"Nope! Son, if she kisses you means she feels something for you. Then don't stop pursuing her ok? We Xavier don't stop, we are not Xavier Knight for nothing! We will do whatever we want!'

"Goodness I can still feel the goosebumps. You said it every time I want to be away from you!"

"Yeah…. You know me honey! I won't stop till I get what I want!" My father said proudly.

"So??? What happened next?"

"I think I will need to talk to her!"

"Try calling her phone!" My dad said.

"No! You need to give a girl space and time. You know us, girls. Things like that we didn't take it easy. For sure now, she has a heavy heart not knowing what to do!"

"But Mom…!"

"Sweetheart, I've been there before. Just don't call her tonight. Give her a time to think then maybe tomorrow you can come and see her. I know you would!"

"Yeah! You can go in and out of the hospital. Don't ever think we didn't know that you got her schedule!"

"Mom!!" I whined at her.

"You know Son, I am your mother in this. Though I got her from my persistent and annoying self. But she's different!"

"Yeah, girls have different perspectives about love and dating! For sure she's very confused!"

"That's why I want to talk to her now!"

"It would make her more confused than she already is now. Give her some time, a night is not that long!" My mom scowled at her.

"Ummm… Mom ,dad I really really love you. But why did you choose to barge at this time!" I said as I whined at them.

To be clear I am not angry at them ok? I just feel regretful about it. But at some point I am thankful I don't want our first time to be like this. Though I want to tell her about our past but then there's still some part of it left unsolved, it's a big mystery.

Maybe for now , I should stick to being her boyfriend again. Then maybe I will help her get her memories back. Even if she's going to hate me after. Cause I know she learned about what stupid thing I did to her.

"Sorry Son ,we really thought that you were alone. Your secretary says that you went home earlier than usual. You mom got worried so yeah we decided to visit you!"

"Geez I feel the love Mom, Dad!" I said to them playfully.

"Come on, don't be upset. For sure everything will be fine. Just like you said. You just need to give her time and space and I agreed to her. Just tonight, then tomorrow you can be persistent as hell!" He said to me, giving me a playful wink.

"Thanks!"

"Wow! Have you already eaten?" My mom asked while making her way to the kitchen.

"Yup! She's here to cook for me. You know about our agreement but then I surprised her. I came home early because I wanted to cook instead of her. Then I just invited her to watch movie together"

"So that's what happened? Then the one we witnessed? While you two watch a movie?" My mom wiggling her brows.

"Mom!"

"Hahahahaha… At this rate I will be going to have another grandchild really soon! Hallelujah!" She said while clapping her hands.

"Mom, isn't it too early to expect a baby?" I asked her.

"Don't tell me you don't want to?" She raised her brows on me.

"I do want Mom! I am not getting younger!"

"Yeah of all Arabella's children and mine, you're the only left single! My goodness sometimes I thought your a gay!" My mom said while dad burst laughing.

"Hell no!"

" Hahahahah… Honey! You're so weird!" My dad is still laughing. " I don't think my son will be gay! I mean look at him? Those clubs and hook up? I don't think so!" My dad was shaking his head unbelievably.

"You can't blame me. He never brought a girl even once. What kind of guy is that!"

"Mom, maybe I am the type of a guy that would bring a girl. A girl that would surely be my wife. I just don't want rushed things and also I've been dreaming of having a love just like what you have. For better and worse till death to each part! That's the kind of love I am looking for!" I answered them.

"Do you see that to her? I mean Charlotte?" My mom asked me quickly, staring deep into my eyes. As if she's testing whether I am telling the truth or not.

"Yes!" I answered shortly.

I don't have to think of an answer. I know very well that she's the girl that my heart has been looking for. And now she's here and within my reach. I would never ever let her go.

I had lost her once and I don't have any plans on losing her again. Come hell or high water I will never let her go. This time she's going to be mine. And I will stick my claim on her sooner but absolutely not later.