CHAPTER FORTY SIX - MISTAKES

Xavier POV

Have you ever been in a situation where you witnessed the love of your life almost out of breath in your arms?

My body was still trembling from the shock when I saw her lying on the floor. I swear my soul left me from that moment. I have never been so scared of my life seeing her with a lot of blood all over her body.

The moment I held her. I shouted but then she opened eyes like she was trying to fight her consciousness and managed to utter three words that broke my heart into pieces.

"You lied again!" She said then her head down and I ran her to the nearest hospital.

When I arrived my mom was already there waiting for me. I was so shocked that I never thought this day would happen.

I called her that morning asking if she's ok. She's been feeling unwell lately so I told her that we will go to the hospital to check up. She laughed at me and said,

"Silly, I am a doctor! No need to worry!" That's what she said.  Her giggles echoed in my ears and how badly I heard it over and over again.

"Babe, I know! But still we are going to check up. You have been feeling unwell this past few days. I don't want you to get sick!"

"I am not sick Xavier. I am just a little unwell but I am fine!"

"Nope!" I strongly disagree with her.

"Fine, if that makes you feel better then we will go to the hospital. Maybe this afternoon? Or at noon what do you think?" She asked me and I smiled.

"Babe, you don't have to ask me when. Even at this moment if you want I'll get there and we can go to the hospital!"

"No… you need to work! Then later we can go there!" I don't know why she has this mindset that she will be the next thing to my work.

I would leave my office and be with her if she asked me to. This woman just said to me,

"No, you need to think about all your employees. They all work so hard so you should too. Also if you don't work what will happen to them? "

"Huh? They can still work without me babe! My company won't go bankrupt, just me being absent for a day!" I answered her.

She always has a heart for everyone. I hope one day my children will inherit her kindness. A pure, kind hearted woman that's why I can't wait to propose to her.

Just then the door in the OR opened. I saw my mom step out and immediately went to her.

"Mom??" I asked her.

"It's fortunate that she only has a concussion. But no internal damage!" I inhaled but then she looked at me seriously.

"She's pregnant and after this she needs to relax and take care of the baby!"

"What??? She's pregnant Mom?" I asked her for confirmation.

"Yes, two weeks! And it looks like she has regained her memories. She keeps chanting a name , your name to be specific! Xavier had done something bad to her?" She asks me.

"Mom, I'll explain it to you. Both you and Dad. I know you will be disappointed in me. But I will face it!" I said as I sadly told her.

"She will not be conscious for the entire day. She needs to regain a lot of her strength and she loses so much blood. Her wrist got stuck on a sharp object that's why she bled. Thank goodness it's not her abdomen!" She said, making me shivers.

I don't think I'll ever think about it. She's pregnant with our baby.

"Does she know about the baby?"

"It looks like it! Doc Sabrina talked to me and said that Charlotte took a laboratory this morning!" My mom said,

Meaning Charlotte already knows and then went to my office? On my way to catch her from running away from my office. I saw food lying on the floor.

My baby must cook it for me. She must have wanted to surprise me.

"I already assigned someone to transfer her to the VIP room. And your Dad texted him in the lobby. Let's talk in my office!" My mom said to me,

We went inside my mom's office and I told them everything. I can't even look straight into my parents eyes but then Dad patted my back.

"Son, you have made terrible mistakes on her!"

"I know Dad!"

Then I heard my mom crying. I looked at her.

"Xavier, how could you do that to the poor girl? You used her? I did not raise you to be that heartless Son. I told you always to respect women, especially the kind who will love you! How could you Xavier!" She cried while my dad hugged her.

"Do you know why it's painful for me? I was the one who revived her that night. I didn't even know that the baby she's carrying and died that night was my grandchild. If I had known I would be…. Huhuh! Honey your son so heartless. How could he do this to that poor girl!"

"Honey, don't cry like that please. Our son will make it right. Right Xavier? You will do everything so that girl will forgive you!" My dad said but he looked at me in a serious way.

"Yes!"

"And you will do it on your own. Do everything you can do so she will forgive you. What if she's going to decide that she wants to raise the child all alone?"

"Honey, don't think about something like that! They can fix it!"

"He will fix it or else Xavier I will never let you step foot in our house. You hurt that poor woman and your baby so it's your fault!"

"I understand Mom! I will do anything for her to forgive me!" I said to her,