Chapter 6

"Sid so what's the plan? When do I ask them to come and take her?"..asks Rita Ma..

"Ask them? Why asking them? I can go and drop her na Mom?"

"Areh Rita is ladke ko koi akal hai ya nehi?! Sidharthh! Bahu jayegi apne gharwalo k sath! Woh log ayenge usko lene! Tu kyun jayega bhala?!".. Bua starts complaining again..!

Sidharth gets visibly irritated and ignores her royally now..

"Mom still.. it's not wise to make them travel so much! I will go and drop her. Let them know!"

"Beta generally bride's brother comes to take her along. And when the ceremony ends, the groom goes there to bring her back! Rasm hai bachha..!"

"Mom mujhe pata hai rasm hai lekin logic bhi tou hona chahiye na? They will come here all the way from Mohali to take her to Mohali only! Does it make any sense to you?!"

Rita Ma sighs..

"Rita tu mujhe ghar bhej de behen! Mera bhai agar zinda hota tou yeh aisa kabhi na hota!"... Bua being over dramatic!

"Bua-Nani kab jana chahti hai aap, Mama will get your tickets!".. Tara speaks up in between.. 😂

"Tara! Stop it!"... Rita Ma scolds her and turns back to Sidharth.."Sidharth..sun meri baat!"

"Mom mujhe kuch nehi sunna! I am going to drop my wife to her place safely and no one can change this decision now! Aap bata dijiye phone karke sabko!"... Sidharth walks away leaving everyone in the hall..

"Hehehe.. Bua-Nani, ab tou bag pack hi karlo aap!".. Tara cracks a joke and runs away..🤣

***************

Sidharth comes back to the room and finds her talking over the phone..

"Haan ji Dadi.. main theek hoon! Ajaungi main aur thodi der baad phone karke date bhi bata dungi! Abhi aap aram karo! Main rakhti hoon.."

He pays no heed to the conversation and goes out to the balcony to smoke..

Sana hasn't seen him in this rage before! She feels she must have gone a little harder on him! Afterall, he was not really taking part in that conversation, so she can't blame him entirely for this!

"Chai laun aap ke leye?!".. she walks into the balcony..

"Nehi chaiye.."

"Kya hua? Aap itne gusse mein kyun ho?"

"Nothing.. leave it.."

"Sidha.. rth..woh mujhe..I mean.. I am sorry..".. she struggles to speak but finally does apologize..

He turns his face towards her..."Kyun?"

"I shouldn't have behaved like that, so I am sorry!"

He smirks..

"Aap hans kyun rahe ho? I am serious!"

"I know!".. he nods his head..

He takes a pause for few seconds and then speaks up again..

"Sana.. ek baat batao.. honestly bataogi?"

"Puchiye.."

"Tum is shadi se khush tou ho na?"

"Yeh kaisa sawal hai.."

"It was an easy question I guess!".. he smiles mischievously..

"Ofcourse main khush hoon..warna shadi kyun karti?"

"Has anyone forced you for this?"

"Sidharth.. aap aise kyun soch rahe ho?! Nothing like that has happened! I had my full consent in this!"

"Hmm.. theek hai! Packing start karo, humein Mohali jana hai subah.."

"Humein as in?"

"As in main aur tum.."

"Aap? Lekin aap nehi ja sakte! Aap tou baad mein ayenge na?"

"Ab tum maat start ho jana! It has been decided.. I will go and drop you off. Go, pack your bags.."

***************

1:30 am..

Sana has been gazing fondly at Sidharth while he sleeps on his stomach for a while now..💕

She takes out her mobile and clicks a picture to capture this cute posture of her broad, stout guy.. ❤️

*****************

Next day..
It's almost late evening. They reach her place..

"Okay.. so.. go..! I will see you in 3 days..".. says Sidharth..

"Hmm..abhi tou andar nehi ayenge aap, so I wouldn't even request and it's cold here Sidharth. So take care.."

"Yes.. you too!".. he smiles..

"Umm..woh.. "... She wants to say something..

"Kya hua? You want to say something?"

"Ghar jake, make sure you open the first drawer of our bed side table.."

He frowns with curiosity.."Kyun? Kya hai usmein?"

"Nothing..! just a small note..Chalo aap abhi jao or else you will get late.."

"Okay..give my regards to everybody. I will call you once I reach the airport of Chandigarh.."

"Hmm..Bye.."

"Bye..!".. and she keeps standing there as long as the car disappears from her sight..

**************

He takes the last flight from Chandigarh and reaches Mumbai in two and half hours..

Late night..
He opens the drawer as instructed and finds the note she was talking about..

It says..

"Kya tum is shadi se khush ho?! This was your question, right? Honestly, I was scared, too scared to be a part of such a big family! But I never thought I would get so much lucky here! So thank you for giving me a mother who loves me no less than my own mother! Thank you for giving me a sensible sister and a partner in all my crimes, meri Tara! I feel happy and content Sidharth! Thank you!"

He takes out his mobile and types..
"Achha tou khushi ki wajah sirf Mom, Di aur Tara hai? 🥲"

She types..
"Hmm aur un sab ko aap hi ne tou diya hai! So...! 😊"

Chalo

Chalo.. I kept my promise.. good night 😴💤

Ab mujhe in line comments chahiye! 🤧