Chapter 32

"I will bring water for you..".. Sana tries getting up in hurry..

"Ruk..".. he holds her back..

"Haan?"

"Come here..".. he reaches out with both arms and places her on his lap, encircling her within himself.. "I don't need any water, nothing as such can comfort me! I just need you!"... He rests his head on her shoulder and cradles her from behind..🥺

She turns around to face him..
"Sidharth..baas! Ab hum is bare mein baat nehi karenge! I can't afford to hurt you! I am so sorry!".. she kisses his forehead..

"This will keep happening now! You are already aware, what's the point of hiding..?"

"Are you sure? Because you are getting hyper!"

"Haan.."

Sana shifts to a side..

"Neha and I were in a serious relationship. We had plans for marriage after higher studies as well. However, her father was not on the same page, or you could say her entire family was too strict to let her be anywhere alone! Makes sense though because we were hardly 24 then!So she wanted me to continue my studies here as well. Neha was way too into me so I was kind of scared to leave her even though Mom and Di were pressuring me to keep applying for MBA"

"We started fighting over silliest things which eventually took all big turns! Honestly, I tried calling it off for several times, because somewhere I started accepting that we never clicked!"

He continues.."And it all began with a phone call! Ekdin subah mujhe Sneha ka call aya and she claimed that Neha was pregnant and already had an abortion! I was shattered!! Sneha didn't come across this news earlier, like she had no idea until Neha called her up for help! According to the doctor's instruction, she needed someone to accompany her during the process! Upar se, Neha didn't want me to know, but Sneha was equally close to me and couldn't keep it to herself!"...his expression changes..

"Phir?"

"Zara soch, she aborted my child and that too without asking me! Main andar se bilkul toot gaya tha! Kya career itna important hai kisike liye that you get the license to kill a life?!".. his eyes get clogged with tears..!

"She knew that I love kids! She was aware! How could I have forgiven her?!".. he leaves a deep exhale..

"The only good news at the time was an offer letter I received for an MBA program in the same week. I accepted the offer and just wanted to get out of here because I was highly disgusted!"... He still feels numb thinking what he had been through!

"Did Neha have any idea that you were aware of the situation?".. Sana asks..

"No and as I said I was disgusted by the entire instance, I didn't want any interaction and her obsession made no sense to me later! Lekin haan, I do agree that it was immature of me leaving without any prior notice!"

"Hmm..ek baat bataiye, when you met her in Tara's school, what was her reaction?!"

"It was normal. both have grown matured! She is now a mother and has experienced the ups and downs of life! But she did tell me that she had been looking for me everywhere and how the entire friend circle had kind of disregarded her.."

There is a silence in the room for a while..when Sana speaks up again..

"Ab kya main aap se kuch puch sakti hoon Sidharth?"

"Hmm.. go ahead.."

"Tell me something, agar mere sath aisa kuch hota and after all these years, mera ex aap ke samne ajata, aap kaise react karte, knowing some bits from the past?".. she asks looking straight into his eyes..

"Sanaa!!".. he takes her face in between his hands and rests his forehead on hers.. "I know it hurts, baby! And I can't afford to hear anything similar about you! I might digest if you have a past, but if I find out that someone has touched my wife, it will sting!"

"Tou zara socho Sidharth, main kyun itni vulnerable ho jati hoon whenever she is around you!"...tears accumulate in her eyes as well..

"I know and I am sorry for hiding this! I was scared! This past was ugly, it still is! I didn't want to unwrap this!".. he says weakly..

"Koi baat nehi..abhi aap relax karo..".. she caresses his hair lovingly..

"Sana..?"

"Haan..?"

"How do you know all these? I am aware of what Di told you, how do you know the rest?".. he looks at her with an intense curiosity..

"I knew this was coming..".. she smiles..
"Okay, so when I was in Mohali, sab se pehle Tara told me about your interaction with Neha, later I had a small discussion with Di which you are obviously aware of!"

"What about the rest..?".. he asks impatiently..

"Remember you were behaving very weird when I had gone for pag phere? I kept asking you but you had been on continuous denial! Later, when you came down to Mohali, I overheard a conversation of yours with Abhay. Still nothing was very clear in my head , neither I wanted to dig it further or spoil my moments, so had to turn it down for a while.."

She continues.."But she was there in my brain and I couldn't help it! And the end result was that question I asked Di while we were sitting in the bar! I was getting insecured with passing days, so finally gathered all my courages to go through your messages with Abhay. I know that was inappropriate but main kya karti?! I had to know it in detail because it was killing me from within!"

He rubs his face in frustration.. he feels so down, so much defeated now!

"I am sorry Sidharth! I know I shouldn't have done that! Lekin.. main..".. and before she could finish her sentence, he pulls her to his arms...

She can literally sense his pacing heart..!

"Tu sorry maat bol baby!! I feel miserable! You don't deserve this! Rather you deserve the entire world! I was left with no hope and wish to settle down again until I finally met you! Not a single girl could make her way to my heart! Sana, I love you, I love you so much and I swear I am sorry, sorry for not giving you my firsts!".. and he crumbles, cracks and breaks like never before, his tear knows no bounds!!

She cries silently in his arms and he breaks the hug to pull her into a kiss, to pour his love into her soul by inhaling the grief and pain she has been through! As they kiss, she crushes all her weight on him without losing any contact, and their tears come together to wash away the past and clear the way for their love to flourish! ❤️

I'm aware that many readers were able to predict what would happen next. I had this plot planned from the beginning, which is why the encounter with Neha in the car happened in an initial chapter. Therefore, I made an effort to defend each point of discussion they had in the car. I hope you all enjoyed the biggest twist of this story! Do let me know.. ❤️