Chapter 20

See guys! I told you I would make good with my promises. And I have a surprise for you @jakeeypisbae. Keep reading yall! 😘

Kalin's POV.
I have been walking back the way I think I came.. But I'm honestly not sure where I came. I was so frazzled.

I have been walking for at least two hours now. It was hot and I was hungry. But most of all I was mad. Why you ask? Because I was not at the hospital with Myles.

I need to see him. He is in a FUCKING COMA. Do you realize how serious that is? He is temporarily dead.

This was too much. I wiped my now teary, hot face and sat down on the dirt road that I had been walking on.

I stared into the abyss and drifted of as I wept.
--------
Becky's pov.

" Where to ma'am?" The short taxi driver said to me as I slid in the sweaty vehicle.

"Um. Actually can you please just drive around this area. Uh- I am looking for someone. " I said feeling awkward.

" Sure but you do realize that I charge by the mile. "

I nodded and the driver saw my reply through the rear view mirror.

The driver slowly pulled off and started left to Sandro st. We moved at a steady pace and I looked hard through alleyways and over fences.

We checked many streets, roads, and avenues then the taxi driver stopped the car turned around to me and said:

"I'm sorry ma'am. I don't think that they are around here. And you don't know how much I wanna drive you around to make the bill go up. Please take my offer to stop before my right mind returns. "

He was right. Kalin was not around here and I had bigger things to worry about.

" You are right. Take me to Mainline Hospital, downtown. "

--------
Kalin's pov.

////

MYLES NO DON'T LEAVE ME!
MYLES PLEASE WAKE UP. HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME WAKE UP!
MYLES?!
WAKE U-

////
" wake up sir" a brown haired girl in a white shirt and high waisted shorts said.

"You realize you are in the middle of this here path." She said.

"Where am I?" I asked desperately trying to get to the hospital.

" Why you done wondered on to my families farm!" She said this with an ear to ear smile. " But not to worry. You ain't the least bit bothern' me. Here. you are burning up out here in the sun let's get you in the shade with some refreshments."

The girl lead me down the path for a couple of minutes until we reached this black barn. We walked inside and the girl sat me down on a bench near se horses.

The girl looked at me fondly and then abruptly walked away. When she returned she passed me a glass of water.

The water revived each part of my body slowly. As the water past down my throat I couldn't help but to groan as I got my voice back. Then the water went to my lungs and gave me my first deep breath since the limo with Beck-

Becky. She was probably out looking for me. I needed to get back to the house.

" Excuse me. Do you have a phone that I can use? " I asked the girl.

She smiled yet ignored my question. She brought over a wet gooey black cream and smeared it on my face.

" what the hell?! " i screamed when the cold substance hit my face.

" Calm down emerald capper' it's my homemade remedy for sunburns. " she said.

" what did you just call me?" I asked her while she rubbed the sunburn stuff into my skin.

"Emerald capper..." She said with the brightest smile.

" what the-"

" Your emerald eyes and your baseball cap! Silly."

I looked up at my snapback.

The girl continued to wipe the stuff on to my face.

" Yeah that, there hat is what kept you safe from skin cancer. " she said with a
Chuckle.

I looked deep into the girls dark brown eyes and glanced at her curly matching hair.

" I am Sammy, by the way. "