3. Storage Not Free

They occupy the fifth floor of unfinished apartment building. They are finished show units.

It's far enough from ground. Not too high because they have to walk upstairs on foot. The elevators haven't operated yet.

The apartment is empty.

Val takes out a couch and few bed covers. He also takes out cooking utensils. Unfortunately no stove for cooking.

Jessie shakes his head. This guy is unbelievable. He has stored many knickknacks in his storage system.

She asks, "Got any food?"

"Yeah. Not free. Give me some crystals to upgrade my system."

She is pouting while handing over three gray Cristals taken from level 0 zombies.

Ross gives five crystals.

Val trades the crystals with foods. He needs to upgrade his space. He closes his eyes and concentrates. The space increases by one meter square.

Maybe I should give myself another ability...

He opens his eyes.

Val asks, "If I got another ability, what should it be?"

Jessie comments, "Thunder. So you could charge my dead phone. I'm dying to play offline games."

Ross nods his head too. People nowadays can't live without phones. Too bad they forgot to bring their chargers with them.

Val shakes his head. He can't have too OP power. He is just a minor character in this book. Leave the super thunder system for someone else.

He rubs his chin. Deep thinking mode.

Ross looks another way. His ears reddened. He wonders why Val looks so attractive.

Jessie is busy charging her phone. There is electricity and water in this building. Don't know when it will failed them.

No air conditioner installed. The apartment is a bit too hot for them.

They are lying on thick bedcovers as makeshift futons.

Val takes out five large basins.

He orders, "Jessie, makes huge ice boulders in them."

"Okay."

She is still level one ability user. Creating three ice boulders already drained her stamina. She is panting like a dying fish.

The ice boulders lower the room temperature. Making easier to sleep.

Val says, "When they got melted, Ross could boil the water. We have fresh water to drink."

Ross praises, "Good thinking."

"Of course. Why I gave you two fire and ice power?"

Val is a cocky fellow. Ross and Jessie often wanna knock his head.

Their sleep got disturbed from time to time. Annoying zombies and their eerie continous groaning. As if they are demonstrans. Kept shouting for riots in the streets.