23. The Alpha

Their team members make their introduction first.

Then it's the female Alpha's turn. From her body gestures and short hair, she is probably from police or military force.

"The name is Veronica Armstrong, special force. My team was sent here to secure the lab. To obtain anti virus. Unfortunately we got wiped out."

She sighs.

She adds, "You have seen that zombie. Nothing works on him. Even blasting all his heads won't kill him."

The others nod their heads. That zombie is simply indestructible. They don't doubt this female Alpha.

Ross rubs his head.

He asks, "Don't you think he is similar to a Hydra?"

According to Greek legend, Hydra is a legendary beast with nine heads. The hero slashes all it's head. He is still unable to kill it.

Not until he slashes the tail. It is the real head of the gigantic monster.

Veronica asks, "You mean his weakness isn't on the head. Where could it be?"

Her gaze falls lower on Ross' crotch. He suddenly feels great fear for his bird.

He protests, "I don't think the weakness would be so obvious."

"You are right. The mad scientist won't be so stupid."

Attacking the crotch won't solve their problem. If you ruined a zombie's thing, he would still chase you. Even if he had to crawl.

They take a break. Everyone is exhausted.

Ross offers a compressed biscuit to Veronica. She takes it. Her foods are running low. She hasn't managed to sneak into canteen area these days.

That annoying five headed zombie always tries to kill her. Her bullets are running low.

She got a silencer on her gun. To avoid of attracting zombies.

Val takes a stroll inside the dorm building. He manages to collect some quilts and pillows.

They are too ordinary. Not good enough for me. Well, just give them to others. They might need them in winter.

He takes few wardrobes too. Too lazy to pick up the clothes one by one. Just grab them all. Let the boring sorting game to others.

A low growl from the last bedroom.

He found a poor guy tied up to a bed.

His arm got a huge bandage on it. His vision is a bit murky.

A knock on the open door scares him. It's Veronica.

She explains, "He is one of my team members. He got bitten two days ago and hasn't transformed yet."

"He might become an ability user."

"Yes. That's right. That's why I'm keeping him alive."

Veronica takes a bullwhip and lashes on the wall next to the guy. It nearly strikes his head. Only misses by few inches.