30. Time To End

Nic feels threatened.

Ross has been neglecting him in their trip home. He has been taking care of Val. That damned Omega is good in pretending to be sick.

Val feels horrible. His body is sweating a lot. A strong scent of orange lingers around him.

He has injected an inhibitor. It ain't working well. The scent just keep getting stronger.

Ross bites his lips, knowing his estrus might arrive soon.

Griffin has left the car. He could hardly control himself.

The others are Betas. They follow his lead although they are least affected by pheromones.

Nic has to follow them when Griffin helps him out of the car. He is angry because Ross lingers in the car. He knows what he is thinking.

That shameless Omega has tempted him using his disgusting pheromone.

Nic's senses could feel zombies are coming for them. He doesn't warn them as usual.

He wants Ross to leave Val behind in the chaos.

Griffin exhales. His mind is getting lustful. He glances at Nic, his crush. He shakes his head. It won't work between them.

Ten years difference is a lot of numbers.

An eerie groan makes him alert. Those rotten flesh creatures have emerged from a nearby alley.

Griffin yells, "Zombies! Watch out!"

He looks at Nic and the latter still says nothing.

Ross makes a quick decision and hugs Val. He bites his nape and injects his pheromone into him.

Val is panting but his face expression looks a lot better. It seems the temporary mark worked.

Ross gets out of the car and helps the others to solve the zombies.

He asks, "Nic, why didn't you warn us?"

"Sorry... I'm not feeling well..."

Nic clings to Ross and wants him to help him escape.

Ross pushes him back into the car. Leaving Nic with Val. He helps the others to slay the zombies.

Nic laughs in a mocking way. He has dark thoughts in his mind. He dodges when a zombie tries to break a window.

He keeps hoping Val would be bitten or scratched.

Ross comes back and kills the zombie. He drags Val and carries him behind him.

Nic asks, "What about me? Are you leaving me behind?"

Ross yells, "Griffin, take Nic!"

He leaves without looking back again.

Griffin grabs Nic and helps him escape from harm.

He warns, "No more dirty tricks. Ross never loves you. Just give up."

Nic weeps a bit and he nods his head. He could sense Ross has left.

It's time to wake up from his dream. In the end, Ross chose Val when both of them in danger. It's clear who weights heavier in his heart. He doesn't care for him. Only Val.

They manage to escape from the horde.

Nic uses his psychic ability and tells them the safest route.

They steal another car. They probably  will be able to reach base at sunset.

Val is still boneless.