13. Everything For A Smoke

Wendy has finished harvesting crops. She has wood power. She could plant seeds and accelerate their growth.

Reed looks down on the dirty soil. He refuses to touch them and tainted his hands.

Wendy shakes head.

Pale weak chicken.

The others call Reed that nickname behind his back. He is simply a couch potato.

Other base might have kicked him out. Ross took him in out of sympathy. The Captain has been scolded a lot lately.

The others have gone out in a mission. Wendy, Eddie, Reed and Jessie stay behind.

The Vice Captain stays to manage Reed from slacking off.

Wendy has low combat skills. That's why she always stationed in base. She feels grateful for an ordinary guy like Reed. At least she isn't the weakest in base anymore.

Maybe that's why she acted friendly to him. Because it's suck to be a weakling in Apocalypse world.

Eddie is building new earth walls to repair old ones. Parts of southern walls have cracked.

Have to admire zombies for their tenacity. They always ram their rotten bodies to walls. Trying to get in.

The others are helping Eddie by transporting materials to him.

Jessie is watching over Reed so he can't slack off anymore. The Omega curses her in his heart.

Wendy throws some vines and accelerate their growth. To strengthen them like steels buried in concrete walls.

In an abandoned dorm room few miles away...

Jerome calls, "Val! Look what I got for you! Kangaroo!"

They just finish cleaning up zombies in this employee dorm.

Val's eyes bent into crescent lines. He accepts the plush toy happily. Maybe because he got no childhood days. He is very interested in plush toys. They are cute and fluffy things.

Jerome shows a triangle shape item.

He asks, "You know what this is? Boomerang! The owner must have returned from Australia."

"It looked weird."

"I can sharpen the edges. We can harvest heads with this baby here."

Val has zero interest in Boomerang. He pinches the Kangaroo and smiles brightly.

Jerome vows to find more dolls for him.

The Alphas secretly compete to please Val. They always scout for comfy items like pillows and other stuffs.

Darth is panting. His body is burning hot. High fever came suddenly without a warning. They are still in a mission.

Ross presses a hand on his forehead. He frowns.

He asks, "Have you been bitten? Or scratched?"

"Nope."

"Then, it could be an upgrade. Let's find somewhere safe."

"Okay."

The team finds a secluded room and locks it up. They stay in living room.

Darth is alone in the bedroom. To prevent anyone from disturbing him during upgrade.

Ross has his upgrade last week. His dragon form could last for an hour.

As a villain, Darth can't loose to him. Maybe that's why he get the upgrade version.