12. Salted Fish

Colorful pillows are scattered on the floor. Each has a size of 80x80 cm. They have been washed and dried properly.

Val jumps and rolls on them.

Humans know how to live a leisure life. Desserts and pillows. Heaven.

Jessie laughs when she takes a peek into the room. She has found a thick carpet in the factory office. She planned to wash them first before giving it to Val.

One shouldn't be too careful when dealing with zombie virus.

After Jessie walks away, Reed drops by. This base has many good furniture. Unlike a place in Apocalypse World. Almost like a normal place.

He smiles when he sees the silly Omega is rolling on pillows.

He asks, "This place is great! Can I live here too? We are both Omegas."

Val stops rolling. He hugs a pillow while shaking his head.

"No."

This Omega doesn't give up so easily. He spreads his paws and lies down on the floor. He sniffs the air.

A faint orange smell still lingers in here.

He comments, "Orange scent? Nice. My pheromone smells like milk tea."

"Get out. I wanna be alone."

Reed looks hurt. Others always treats him friendly because he looks weak and adorable.

He asks bluntly, "Why do you act so cold to me? We are both Omegas!"

"I just don't like you."

This annoying Omega steps on a pillow when he walks in.

In Val's mind, it's equal to murder. He took a lot of efforts to clean them. Now he needs to redo one.

Water is expensive in this era. They have water treatment plant. It doesn't mean it's easy to purify water.

Reed is pouting when he got chased out. He smirks and leaves the spot. He decides to leech on others here. Acting cute and weak usually brings him a lot of benefits.

Eddie scratches his head when Reed is staring him with his innocent blue eyes.

It's like looking at a pitiful kitten.

"Fine. Here, this is my last snack."

"Thanks! You are the best!"

The Omega leaves while chewing the potato chips.

Eddie sighs. He rubs his belly. He has gotten a lot slimmer after the Apocalypse started. No diet works for him in the past.

Killing zombies and no snack is the best diet for him.

Jessie is standing behind him. She shakes her head.

She scolds, "You can't just give everything away. Just because he's an Omega."

"Can't help it. He looks... I just can't..."