Lavender memories - Humdinger origins Part I

Despite of rules in jail Mayor Humdinger was let to continue his story. It seems that was only a mask of selfish, immature an everlastingly jealous middle-aged man. Revealed circumstances opened him to talking about his past which was the most defended secret of KCC.

Former mayor continued

" Me and my sister were born in adventure city. Cyntia was always helpful and forgive everybody. her smile and energy was contagious. She had also golden hair and as me was a big [how to say about fatty girl without offence? ]. All what we did together was perfect and our bond was special. We were inseparable. Cyntia like my mother loved flowers. The most liked was lavender. She loved this herb so much most of her clothes were violet, blue and purple. Our childhood was flawless. Everything was changed when she fell in love... 
               That was in July twenty years ago. City was visited by the army parade. There were times of pride of our military strength, so these things were great attraction. In formation Cyntia noticed tall, well built soldier who walk proud with other. She asked me if I saw him. I didn't know how to answer her all of these guys looked the same for me. From that time she became so obsessed about him. 
                 She started to calling to matrimonial offices, made contacts by friends who served in army and she learned they will stay in the city for the week. Cyntia even left a letter in the army recruitment office...  Nothing else mattered: family, chores, studying, my sister became more worried than happy ... She wanted to find him. 
Sunday was a day of soldiers' farewell from adventure bay. I was hope that day make her dreams com true or finish quickly and make her end of this insanity. On Monday appeared the letter. Cyntia opened it and read in a loud voice: 

" I read your letter and saw your photo. It's a pity we have only week. I'm not even sure the letter will come on time. If you really love me come for me in Dessertville's Church in eastern Nevada. I have in this village army unit. I usually end my duty at 11pm. I want see your fire in you..." 

Cynthia decided to run away without hesitation. I told her it is too fast to go so far with stranger. She didn't listen and said. "I am not a small girl - I do what I want ". She ran away... 
I haven't have a single argument for these twenty years - this was the first one... 
I was hope everything will be all right and my beloved sister will back safe and sound. 
But my worries and bad feelings surrounded  my mind. 
              My mother reassured me this is good time to be independent and she will be happy with her boyfriend. I believed her. Everything went very fast. Ronald and Cyntia engaged in few months and married. They looked so gorgeous - I felt calm that my sister is in good hands. 
                   Something wrong started happening in 2002 when Ronald was sent to Afghanistan. Quickly he lost contact with us and his family. No sign of life till 2004 when we came back he became lieutenant but he wasn't happy. Our sack of back luck has opened. His unit was almost entirely killed of badly injured. In few moments after Taliban ambush. He lost his self - confidence after such horrible trauma. Tried to care about Cyntia, but that relation had no spark like it used to before, but that was just a beginning of our worries... 
Cheetah's parents and Helga's brother and sister-in-law didn't survive a car accident. Cyntia without any think twice decided to adopt her with Ronald, but quickly turned out altruist and generous Cyntia had another point of view or rising Cheetah than Ronald who wanted home mined with rules and punishments. Relations between spouses became very dull and strict. Arguments became very often and lat two years were just escalating abusing. For beginning Patterson shouted at Cyntia and called her names and mocked her, further she was beaten. Her body was full of bruises. Cynthia loved Ronald despite of her nightmare and always excused his actions. She told about doing sports, accidents at home and clasically - She believed in promisses of change. I didn't bought it, but Cynthia defended him... Almost till the end. Even when she became pregnant. This were 7 hurtful months - yes this is not mistake. 7 months. When general learned about approaching another kid to his family his behavior became worse and in December all changed - When Patterson hit Cheetah. Cynthia knew she has to run to save both Cheetah and my nephew. She used auto stops and run with kids by feet and almost no food and water as when she ran away from Dessertville with huge fear which didn't let her think clearly. Most of received goods she gave to Cheetah. Whole Cynthia - her life was sacrificing for others...  I saw her last time in adventure city hostpital. She came whole way back from Nevada. Both were exhausted .Cynthia was also starving and dehydrated ... having a baby on way... Stress and hard conditions made premature childbirth. During this Cynthia has gone... forever and baby had to be born artifically. This baby had to fight for his life since first breath. This baby was Harold...