𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

Dappled sunlight poured between the leaves of the tress surrounding the peaceful meadow, interlocking like soulmate's fingers with the beauty of their love shining between them.

It created a tranquil pattern to the ground with an early summer breeze rustling it from here to there, the same shimmers of morning beams reflecting from the lake nearby and into the vivid blue sky like millions of crystals.

Preparations of a party took place just underneath where the gathering of luscious trees bled into the pure blanket of grass forming the meadow, the hustle and bustle snapping the natural silence.

Tails could just about see the table placed below the trees, marbled by sun shining from its wooden surface coated in festive decorations to alert him instantly of its location.

He could see everyone else surrounding it, his shoes laced with crimson pounding at the grassland to reach them in time. Sweat poured down his forehead shielded with golden fur as the vision through his bright blue eyes became blurred into ripples from the blazing heat.

Tails skidded to a halt once his running motion became obvious to be too fast to abruptly stop at a later time to avoid crashing into what his friend had been preparing. He held his hands to his knees drained of energy to hold himself up, snatching a few sweltering breaths before speaking what he so desperately needed to alert everyone of.

"He'll be here any second!" Tails panted, the many pairs of eyes ranging from green to gold to lighter shades of blue widening in alarm.

But the (e/c) orbs of (Y/n) remained calm, focused on the miles of lawn spreading out for what seemed like the rest of the planet's luscious surface with a smile growing by the second underneath.

Tails darted for his group of friends, cowering within the crowd whilst dusting himself off from the sweat leaking between his fur to express the long journey he had just experienced in the suffocating heat. He awaited the arrival of who the celebration was dedicated to, wheezing the final breaths of exhaustion locked in his weakened chest.

Sonic soon appeared, image of his group of friends patiently yet unnervingly through his captivating eyes that resembled the glistening facet of a freshly carved emerald wrinkled in the mid June warmth.

"Hey guys, what's going on? You having a party or something?" He chuckled, oblivious to what stood behind his group of kindly associates whilst skidding across the freshly cut grass for his incredible speed to cease.

Sonic's energetic smile dropped in perplexity, approaching the table at a pace he could barely maintain from being so slow. He felt almost hesitant to improve his perspective of the table surrounded with his friends with backs towards him and suspicious whispers joining the peaceful breeze.

Reluctantly, (Y/n) performed the same stance with her back to Sonic rather than admiring him like she usually would every chance she could snatch, a strange fiddling of anxiety playing with her stomach. She could hear her friends mumbling a countdown to keep it discrete, all of them spinning to reveal themselves and the celebratory items coating the table at the same second.

"SURPRISE!!"

Sonic grinned in relief, slapping a hand to his forehead blending into the royal blue vibrance of his sternly shaped quills with a sigh quickly forming a chuckle.

Everyone had gathered of their own intentions to contribute to the celebration was there. Everyone Sonic could imagine to be there. Tails. Knuckles. Amy. Blaze. Rouge. Vector. Espio. Charmy...

And (Y/n).

"Awwww, you guys." Sonic smiled, confetti showering over him in the blazing beams blowing in the breeze as Knuckles snapped a party popper into action with his gloves that could just about snatch the string needed regarding their monstrous size.

Many gifts and festive items laced the table, the edge that blended the chestnut wood into its sturdy legs denting the meadow interweaved with bunting of every colour imaginable. The same shades painted the confetti reaching the grass if not swiftly snatched by the wind already, Sonic admiring the cake placed in the middle.

A neatly compressed square shape, coated in pure white icing to make anyone's mouth drool in a glance. "Happy Birthday Sonic" was scribbled atop in a cyan hue in further frosting, the birthday boy himself grinning at the jubilant dessert.

But (Y/n) soon seized his attention, twiddling it around her finger and toying with his admiration to tug him closer with an enticing smirk aside the fun and games taking place within the circle of friends.

Sonic attempted to approach her, but Amy and Tails soon blocked his way. A brotherly conversation with his best bud Tails, he would take at any moment available. But an overpowering embrace from Amy he knew to be inevitable regardless of permission, he would plead to avoid.

"It's kinda impossible to surprise you." Tails commented, Amy preventing Sonic to move an inch with arms tightly harassing his shoulders sinking in defeat.

"You totally got me this time, I had no idea." Sonic replied, grin weakening from Amy's display of unwanted affection feeling like it almost pinned him to the ground.

Nervously, he shone a glance to (Y/n). She chuckled with arms intertwined and legs slanted aside a tree welcoming her to the forest flourishing behind, Sonic's emeralds quivering with a cry for help he couldn't manage to squeeze out his harassed chest.

"Yeah, right. Happy birthday, Sonic!" Tails cried, amused as Sonic reluctantly pressed a hand to Amy's face to push her away.

Frustrated of the exaggerated decline, Amy migrated elsewhere to allow Sonic to release another deep breath of relief. (Y/n) felt comfortable to approach, something behind her back glowing with another surprise intention for Sonic that she swiftly obtained from the crowded table.

"Hope you like this." (Y/n) smiled, revealing the gift from her secretive grip.

Sonic grinned with radiance of expectancy, a chillidog steaming with enticing heat and enriching sauce screaming in spicy flavour. He licked his drooling lips from the piquant scent, the steam smoking from the sausage forming a heart in his vision from his passion to the dish.

A crimson bow was wrapped around the hotdog laced with chilli sauce, Sonic swiping it from the plate glowing in the sun in a manner radiating in the most gratitude as he could portray. He took a bite from it instantly, grinning into the nibble to savour every spicy splash to the taste that set his mouth alight in pleasure.

"Like it? I love it!" Sonic cried, shining a thumbs up to both (Y/n) and Tails as his best friend knew it was time to leave the two alone with a smirk while he slipped back into the crowd.

(Y/n)'s face that always left Sonic in a trance glowed with a smirk also, eyes as shiny as an undersea pearl in strobe lighting sparkling in (e/c) scanning the meadow for any signs of Amy before making the next move.

With her romantic competitor hidden in the depths of the crowd, (Y/n) comfortably brought her hands to Sonic's cheeks to bring him forward. Their lips soon interconnected for just a moment, but a blissful one, Sonic's hand that didn't possess the chillidog flinging around (Y/n)'s shoulder for an embrace soon after.

She wrapped her arms as tightly around his waist as the ribbon remained around his gift, snuggling her cheek into the warm depths of his shoulder as he planted another gentle kiss to her forehead.

"Happy birthday, baby." (Y/n) whispered.

"Thank you." Sonic replied, admiring the celebratory activity everyone had kindly put together just for him with another consumption related topic crossing his mind.

His tongue burning from the chilli's touch absentmindedly licked his lips again, his gloved hand sliding into (Y/n)'s. She giggled as he abruptly brought her forward, following the flow of his movement like a pebble to the ripple of a river.

"Now how about we cut open that cake?"

💙

Author's Note - should've done this one on the actual day but I only had the idea like yesterday and I'm not too late so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SONIC!! 🥳🥳🎊🎊

💙