1 • 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓤𝓷𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

"Pathetic." A deep voice spat at me. I weakly looked up to see a pair of dark red eyes piercing through me. "You do know why we haven't eaten you yet, don't you?" he hissed at me.

 Of course I knew. That very day which I was abducted, the only reason why I haven't been the dinner of one of the uppermoons was because of my blood. It was better that marechi. Drinking just one cup of it was enough to power a demon to the power level of an uppermoon's. It would have been a waste to consume it in just one go, thus, Kibutsuji decided that he will keep me alive. Only the uppermoons and Kibutsuji himself were allowed to feast upon my blood. And they had to fight for it. As there are only a few cups of my blood to go around, there wasn't enough for everyone. Therefore, the demon king forced them to fight for it.

 "Yes sir." I replied tonelessly. After facing this torture for several months now, the only emotions I felt was just emptiness. As much as I tried to remember my past, nothing appeared. It just felt like they ... disappeared. The chains and shackles were cold against my dirty skin. Many tubes were coming out of my body, each of them drawing some of my blood.

 I have always wanted to  escape from this hell pit but how? The place was too fortified.  Demons lurking around every corner, the door to my prison always guarded. Not to mention the chains wrapped around my hands and feet. I couldn't escape. But if I don't get out of here, I would die soon.

 "Well ,I will see you tomorrow, little prisoner." the demon king whispered in my ear. He had always called me that although he already knew my full name. After he left, Uppermoon 1 arrived. He ususally had to guard me, but sometimes Uppermoon 3 came. I never knew why Uppermoon 2 never came. 

"Hello, miss L/N." the demon spoke. He was always quite formal with me. I never knew his real name, so I always addressed him as "Uppermoon 1". I wasn't sure whether he liked that name as his face was stoic. He never showed and emotion at all. However, I could tell his mood by how much he speaks. The more he talked, the happier he was. The less he talked, the sadder or angrier he was. "Excuse me, Uppermoon 1," I mumbled exhaustedly." Why doesn't Uppermoon 2 ever visit me?"

"Why do you ask such a thing?" he questioned, his eyebrows knitting together.

"Uppermoon 3 and you usually guard me, but there should also be and Uppermoon 2. Therefore, I just wanted to know why he doesn't come." The demon was silent for a while. Then he answered with, "When it comes to women, Uppermoon 2 can't control himself. Especially if they are young or attractive." His tone was dark and disgusted. Perhaps he himself did not like that demon. "How old are you, child?" the demon queried. 

"Eleven."

"That is rather young. I pity you, child."

"If you pity me, then why not set me free? I didn't deserve this, did I?"

"But I cannot. If the master finds out, he will kill me, then go after you."

"Would you want me to escape? If yes, then tell all the demons that there is a feast, then unlock my chains. I will escape from there."

"But I need your blood. Without it, I will need to hunt more humans. And what a pity that will be."

"Please? For my sake at least?" The demon was yet again silent. Maybe he was thinking hard about my proposition. "Fine, but on one condition. That you have to wear this blindfold when you go outside."

"Why though?"

"Your eyes, child. They change colour depending on your mood. If an enemy sees your eyes, the will be able to manipulate you, make you loose control. Also," he paused. staring deep into my eyes, "𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸."