19 • 𝓐 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓭 𝓑𝓸𝓷𝓭

"What was that sound?" Tanjiro asked, looking around for the source of the loud noise. "Did lightning just strike?"

"How should I know?" Inosuke asked. 

"I think so. But it's a rather clear night." I said, observing the sky," It's rather impossible for lightning to strike."

"I'm not smelling any thunderclouds, either. The acrid smell is in the air now, so I can't tell. Inosuke!"

He called the male over, who was currently balancing on some stones across the river. 

"I think I'll go that way."

"Go ahead and do whatever you want." the boar-headed male retorted. 

"Are you deciding, Inosuke? What about you, Y/N?"

"I think I'll better stick with Inosuke. He is injured, so I'll keep an eye on him."

"SHUT UP, ACORN! I DON'T NEED YOU LOOKING AFTER ME!"

"So, Inosuke, where are you going?" The male just looked blankly at him. "Are you going to descend the mountain?"

"Why would I? Just beat it!"

"But, you're injured, Inosuke!" I tried to talk some sense into him," It will be better for you to rest!"

"I am not injured at all!" Sure you weren't. 

"N-N-No Insouke!" Tanjiro said," Your injuries. . . Anyone can see that. . ."

Tanjiro was interrupted by a patter of soft footsteps. Looking up, we found a girl. A demon girl. By the looks of it, she was surprised to see us. 

"SHEEEHGGG! I'M GONNA RIP YOU TO SHREDS, YOU DAMN DEMON!"

She started to take off, running in the direction I think she came from. "Come back here, dammit!"

"Inosuke!"

The demon girl turned around to cry out," Father!"

"Who are you calling 'father'?" Inosuke said, running towards her. A shadow looked over his head. It was the supposed 'father' demon. 

"Insouke!" Tanjiro cried. 

I reached forwards to grab Inosuke and pull him back, just as the Father Demon came crashing down into the river. We both jumped back onto land as the demon looked at us. He had stark white hair and a spider's face. 

"Don't come near my family!" he ordered, raising his fist as if he were to strike up down. he smashed the place where Inosuke was, causing him to fly backwards. It also caused a tidal wave of water. 

The female demon looked over at her father's work. She turned her back, saying," I'm leaving the rest to you, Father."

The Father Demon took another swing at Inosuke, who was flying through the air. 

"Water Breathing Second Form, Water Wheel!" Tanjiro cried, bringing his sword down of the demon's forearm. Uh oh.

It didn't cut. 

Shinobu and Giyuu were observing the dead slayers, all strewn around. 

"Were you acquainted with any of them, Tomioka-san?" Shinobu asked," There seems to be no survivors around here. We were advised that several rookie Mizunoto had joined the battle, but they might be dead now, don't you think."

Giyuu ignored her question, instead stating," Let's go."

The full moon was out, giving a faint glow to everything. "Isn't the moon lovely?" Shinobu said. The two of them were running, haoris flying behind them. "Since we've been giving this mission, we might as well try to get along."