36 • 𝓜𝓲𝓼𝓽𝔂 𝓜𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

"Everyday is so blissful, I can't be happier!" a woman said. 

Five people surrounded the coffee table. "He's such  a kind little boy. So considerate." She added," I never saw someone his age who was so gentle-mannered."

"I'm going to make him take over my business for me." a man said, picking up his brandy glass (I don't know the drink, but it's probably alcoholic).

"I really envy you!" a man cried," I wish I could trade our idiot son for him." 

"He's a fine boy, there's no doubt about it. It's just that. . ." the business man trailed off, looking at the end of the dark hallway, "he suffers from a skin disease, so he can't go out in the sunlight."

"Oh dear, what a poor thing," a woman said.

"I'm hoping we could create a wonder drug for him at my company," the man said, hopeful," The sooner, the better."

In the room where the 'boy' stayed, the large windows opened. Akaza knelt at the doorway, his head held low.

"I am here to report to you. . ." he informed," Muzan-sama." 

The boy, whose eyes used to be a pale blue, turned a violent shade of scarlet. "Have you found what I asked for?" the boy said, his voice deeper than normal.

"I looked into it, but came up empty. Having no way to confirm its existence, I was unable to locate the Blue Spider Lily."

"And?" 

"I will continue to do my utmost to live up to your expectations, Muzan-sama," he pledged," As ordered, I managed to locate the girl."

The boy stepped to face the demon, his eyes brimming with fury. "You seem to have the wrong idea about this. . . Akaza," he said, raising a finger. 

A sudden wind shook the room, and an overwhelming force was pushing against Akaza from all sides.

"So what if you found the girl? Did you even dispose of the Hashira at all?" he spat," I wanted the Demon Slayer Corps to be annihilated and for the girl to be back under my control. Kill every one of them and never let one in my line of sight ever again." 

Blood spilled from Akaza's mouth. His body shook from the pressure. "It's hardly a complicated task, and yet I'm still waiting for that to happen." Muzan carried on," What do you have to say about that? You boast of simply seeing the girl, but was unable to get her back? There were three other Demon Slayers there, too. 

Why did you fail to kill them, after I sent you there since you happened to be nearby?"

Blood dripped from Akaza's eyes and nose, and more was spat out from his mouth. 

"You have disappointed me." Muzan's eyes held no sympathy," To think you have suffered a blow by a mere girl who isn't even a Hashira. . .how far you've fallen, Uppermoon 3." 

He turned back to his bookshelf and began rummaging for another book. "Dismissed." 

Akaza got up, and walked out of the room just as the door opened. "I thought I heard a loud noise here," the adoptive father said, looking around. "Are you okay?"

The demon strolled away from the house, deep into the forests. "Please be alive, Y/N."

(At the Butterfly Mansion) 

Zenitsu crawled behind a counter, where Aoi was making steamed buns. A plate of them were already done and Aoi's back was turned. 

He quickly, and quietly, snatched them, before replacing it with a plate of pincushions? (Idk what it was, it's just a weird sewn thing)