11 • 𝓣𝓼𝓾𝔃𝓾𝓶𝓲 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 (𝓟𝓽2)

The forest we are walking in was dark. Shadows danced around us, a few of them looking suspiciously like demons to me. The were few sound, just the rustling of leaves and the slight panting coming form Zenitsu. 

"Hey, Tanjiro, Y/N-chan," Zenitsu spoke," On second thought, I'm not going to make it. Even if I go along, I'll be totally useless."

Tanjiro ignored him completely. "The demon scent is getting stronger little by little," he thought," There's something up ahead."

He had a look of surprise on his face, so I focused my gaze towards the thing he was looking at.

 It was a house. 

"I can smell blood." Tanjiro stated. We were looking up at the mansion, studying it. #"But, this particular scent. . ."

"You smell something?" Zenitsu asked uncertainly.

"Something I've never smelled before,"

"I don't know about that, but do you hear that sound?"

"Sound?" I repeated. 

"Also, are we all going to work together, after all?" Zenitsu asked. 

There was something off about this mansion. Not the mansion itself, but the area around it. 

I used my sixth sense to pick up what was wrong. It seemed to be coming from somewhere near us. 

It was. . . Children?

Two children were huddled together, trembling.  They were obviously scared. 

I slowly walked towards them. "Hey there, I'm not going to hurt you, alright." I held up my hands so that they know I'm unarmed.

"Would you like to see something cool? Look, it's a flower!" I handed it to them. 

"W-woah," the little girl said, picking the red hibiscus flower," It's magic!"

Of course it wasn't magic, but I didn't tell them that. I actually saw a hibiscus bush whilst walking in the forest, so I picked one.

"Mhm!" I smiled," Could you tell me why you are alone? Did something happen in that house?"

I spoke slowly and softly, not wanting to scare the kids. They sat on the ground, still clutching at each other. 

I heard Tanjiro and Zenitsu walking slowly behind me, coming closer to the children. 

"Is this your house?" Tanjiro asked softly. Tears began to form in both siblings eyes.

"N-no, it's not," the little boy said," This. . . this is a-a monster's . . . house!" Our eyes narrowed. He's definitely talking about a demon.

"Our big brother got taken away. When we were walking down a road at night, this monster we've never seen before showed up. It didn't give us a glance." I raised my eyebrows. That was new. Usually, a demon would have killed all three of them in one swipe. This is odd.

"Just our brother," the boy continued. 

"And they went inside that house, right?" Tanjiro asked.

"Yeah. Yeah." the boy bobbed his head. 

"Did you two follow them here?" Tanjiro continued," You did good!"

The siblings tears began to fall thickly, running across their cheeks. 

"We followed traces of his blood," the boy said," Because he got hurt!"

Hurt? We have to hurry and find him. If his blood is a marechi, demons would go crazy for it! It's like consuming 50 humans for them. If we don't find him soon, he might die.