41 • 𝓗𝓤𝓗?

"Oiran! Oiran!" one of the girls cried, grabbing onto the woman's kimono sleeve. "Let's play!"

"Orian! Read me a story!" the other one said. She held up a book that said 'VERY YOUNG CHILDREN' and one that said 'YOUNG LADY'. I don't know why.

"Ok, which one should I read," the woman asked, smiling down at the children. 

(I'm going to give the two girls names, because it's a bit confusing if I keep calling them 'a girl' or 'the girls'. Hope you don't get confused)

Asuka held up a book. "Read me one too!"

"Alright, then let me read this one first, then I'll read your one later, okay?" 

"Read mine later!" Aiko said. 

"No, read mine later!" 

"You always copy me!"

The Oiran put her hands together. "Now, girls," her eyes widened," That reminds me. I have something for the two of you."

She walked over to her jewellery box and opened a draw. A cloth was laying there and she pulled it our, revealing two hair combs. One was silver, with a wave design, while the other was gold with a floral design. 

"But," Asuka said, looking up at the woman," These are your treasure, aren't they?" 

"It's fine. I want to give them because I'm fond of the two of you."

The girls opened their mouths, before saying a 'thank you!' They clutched the combs, beofre asking the Oiran to put them in their hair. 

You smiled behind the door as Tanjiro looked at you, his arms full of clothes.

"Right. One at a time, okay?"

Timeskip

Tanjiro and you were sitting atop a roof, where you met with Inosuke to discuss. You wondered why Zenitsu didn't come, since it was a pretty important mission. After all, you had a Hashira, so it was bound to be serious. 

"There's a demon in my House, alright?" Inosuke yelled, flailing his arms. You peered behind Tanjiro's back to look at the blue-haired male. "Are you sure?" you asked.

"I'm telling you, it was like this!" he did some weird gestures," You know? Like this!"

"Yeah um sure," Tanjiro sweat-dropped," Hold up a sec, alright?"

"LIKE THIS!" Inosuke did a weird gang sign, wiggling his fingers," DO YOU GET THIS?"

"Wait a minute," you said, growing more bewildered," Uzui and Zenitsu should come soon-"

"IT WAS LIKE THIS, OKAY?" Inosuke screeched, throwing his arms up," IT WAS CLEAR TO ME!"

"Yeah," Tanjiro nodded mutely.  

"Zenitsu won't be coming," you heard Uzui said. Turning around, you saw the Sound Hashira sit on the roof slope, facing away from you. 

"I didn't hear him at all," you thought," He is really skilled."

" 'Zenitsu won't be coming'. What do you mean?" Tanjiro asked, his brows furrowed.

A horrible thought surged through you. "He isn't hurt, is he?" 

Uzui didn't seem to hear you. "I feel bad putting you through this," he said more to himself," I wanted to rescue my wives so badly. . . I made some bad decisions. Zenitsu's missing. I didn't hear from his last night.