10 • 𝓣𝓼𝓾𝔃𝓾𝓶𝓲 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 (𝓟𝓽1)

The next morning, my crow was perched on my bed. "You have a new mission," he chirped," Go south south-east, to find the Tsuzumi Mansion."

I nodded before scrambling out of my bed. I changed into my Demon Slayer Uniform, then went to the kitchen for breakfast. 

"Y/N-san," Aoi called," Why are you wearing your uniform? Your wounds still need to heal!"

"I was given a mission. I can't ignore it can I?"

The other girl looked down in dismay. "I suppose not. Do you want onigiri?

My eyes lit up, but Aoi couldn't see. My mouth began to water at the delicious salmon filling within soft rice. I bobbed my head several times.

"Aoi-san, do you mind if I go elsewhere? I need to say bye to Kanao-san, the three girls and Kocho-san,"

Aoi gave a hum in reply, but it seemed a bit sad. "I'll see you in a while,"

"Kanao-san!" I yelled. The girl was gazing at the butterflies in the garden. 

She turned when she heard my voice. "I have a mission, so I came to say bye to you." 

Kanao's eyes widened. "W-what?" she sounded shocked for a moment," Do you have to leave us so soon?"

I nodded, before turning my back to the girl. Just before I exited the garden, I looked back to find her staring at me. I waved in farewell and left the garden to find the three little girls.

They were harder to find. I combed my way all around the Butterfly Mansion but there was no sign of them. Sighing, I went to look for Shinobu instead. She was in her laboratory. 

"Hello, Kocho-san," I said, waltzing into her laboratory. 

"Ara, ara," Shinobu cooed," Why are you walking in such an absurd manner?"

"You see, dear Hashira," I replied, perching on a bench," I am here to bid my farewells."

"Very funny joke, Y/N,"

"Who said I was joking? Could you also give me some Wisteria Poison please?"

"Is that why you came here? To rob me of my precious poison?"

"All jokes aside, I do need your poison. It's for one of my breathing forms. And also, I am indeed leaving."

"Do you have a mission?"

"Mhm,"

"I see then," she said, putting aside a vile of who knows what. "Don't die." She gave me one of those menacing smiles. I reassured her that I will live.

"Bye then,"

I turned to leave. A hand grabbed me.  "AARGHHH!" I screeched.

"Calm down. You forgot your poison."

"Okay, thank you."

Bank in the kitchen, Aoi gave me a small pack. When I opened it, there was several onigiri, a bottle of water and a first aid kit.

"Thank you for having me here," I said, bowing a the girl.

"Tch, it was nothing. Be safe, alright?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Y/N! THIS ISN'T A JOKE!"

I was walking down an old country path. The day was lovely, a few fluffy clouds across the sky and the sky itself was a periwinkle. This path had been quiet for some time, with only a few famers making small talk with me as I journeyed.