28 • 𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓗𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓪 - 𝓡𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓸𝓴𝓾 𝓚𝔂𝓸𝓳𝓾𝓻𝓸

A Demon Slayer was walking around town, before finally stopping at a noodle place. The sun was already setting, and the only lights were inside the shop. As he walked in, a Kasugai crow regarded him.

When the man closed the door, a booming voice yelled, "UMAI!" Turning around, he saw a man with bright yellow-red hair slurping some noodles. With each bite, he yelled out 'UMAI!'. 

The man stepped forward and bowed. "Flame Hashira, forgive me for interrupting your meal."

The Hashira didn't seem to mind. Instead, he invited him to sit down. "Mister! Bring this man the same thing I'm having!" Rengoku asked the chef.

"Are you sure it's okay?" the Demon Slayer asked, sitting down.

"Of course it's okay!" the Hashira reassured him," I'll have another bowl myself!" he called again. The chef took Rengoku's bowl and added, "You sure eat with great gusto, don't you?" he smiled," Just sit tight."

"Flame Hashira, your work last night was stellar," the Slayer congratulated. 

"No," Rengoku said," It was after the demon fled, after all. How's the injured lady doing?" 

"According to the doctors, her wounds won't leave any scars."

"I see. Good thing she got treated early."

"Yes," the Slayer agreed," It's thanks to your heroics." 

Their food arrived right after. "Thank you for the meal," the Slayer bowed his head and prayed for a moment. While he was eating the noodles, the owner placed a plate of tempura in front of the two.

"What's this?" Rengoku asked.

"That's my treat," the owner replied, walking away.

"Appreaciate it!" Rengokuo said. The other man finished his bite, his eyes widening.

"Hey, it's delicious!"

Mister!" Rengoku called," I bet you'd thrive if you set up your store in Ueno!"

"What do you know about it?"

"How's business?" Rengoku asked.

"How's it look to you?" the owner gestured around his store, indicating the old drunk in his store. A small cup of sake was spilt on the table, and the man was passed out cold.

"Thanks to all this talk about the 'Slasher', I've been barely getting any business. No one comes around when the sun sets." the owner turned the page of his newspaper. "I've let all my workers go. They say a conductor got killed the other day. On top of that, do you know the Mugen Train is out of business? 

Rumour has it. . .40 passengers just disappeared without a trace. Oh. . it sounds ominous." 

The Slayer turned to the Hashira. "Flame Hashira, getting back to why I'm here. . . We've located the Mugen Train. We've received word that it was secretly transported to a certain train shed."

The Hashira picked up one of the two tempura. "Is that right?" He took a bite of it and yelled out ,"UMAI!"

They finished their food and headed out of the store. "Will you be heading to the Mugen Train?" the Slayer was quick to ask. 

"Right. But first. . ." Rengoku walked up to the station ."Let's inspect the station where the conductor's body was found!"

A girl was looking at her bean-paste bread discontently. She exhaled, a gloomy expression on her face. Her grandmother noticed this.