26 • 𝓣𝓼𝓾𝔂𝓾𝓻𝓲 𝓚𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓸

"Naho-chan! Sumi-chan! Kiyo-chan!"

The three girls looked up from their work when they heard Tanjiro's voice. "I'd like you to help me train." he told them, holding up some carpet beater," If I stop doing Total Concentration when I'm asleep, can you clobber me with these carpet beater?" 

"I would like you to do the same with me," you told them," I really need to learn this quickly. It'll help me Breathing Form more. Only if it wouldn't be too much trouble!"

"Please help us!" Tanjiro shouted, bowing down. You just stood awkwardly in front of them. The girls seemed to be hesitant at first, but Tanjiro's determination forced them to accept the task. 

"Very well!" 

During the night, you woke up to a few people yelling. "What's happening. . .?" you aksed them, still half asleep.

"Don't worry, Y/N-chan! Tanjiro just stopped doing Total Concentration. You're fine, so just go back to sleep!" Naho-chan told you. 

Unfortunately for you, you couldn't sleep after being disturbed. Instead, you went to the gardens to continue meditating away from all the loud noises. It was a wonder how Zenitsu could still be asleep. He had sensitive ears after all. 

"Just you two again?" Aoi asked. 

"I'm sorry!" Tanjiro apologised immediately," I did ask them to come, but. . ."

"Well, it doesn't matter to me." she huffed, crossing her arms.

"I'll try and give them  nudge later!"

Today, you both started to use Total Concentration during your trainings. Sure, it did give you a huge stamina boost, but there was always a price to pay. Usually, you felt like you were trampled over a herd of rampaging bison or something, which wasn't a pleasant feeling. 

Today, everyone was hoping that Tanjiro would win against Kanao. He's almost on par with her because of the Total Concentration. He was much faster than before, and even Kanao seemed impressed.  A bit, at least.

He tried to grab her arm to win, but ended up falling flat on his face. A pity. 

After training, you saw Inosuke and Zenitsu outside the door. Insouke had leaves on his mask and Zenitsu had bean paste on his face. Both looked intimidated by something. 

When Tanjiro called out to them, they ran away. "I refuse to get involved!" Aoi said, crossing her arms and turning away. 

Sometime later, Tanjiro and you were trying your hardest to make the gourd explode. Your lungs have grown stronger and they could take in much more air. But could they break a whole gourd? 

Yes. Yes they can. It took a bit of time and the girls had to cheer multiple times until it broke. When it did, it felt like you did something amazing.

Which you did, of course.

The next one  you have to blow up was the massive one from before. Thankfully, that seemed to be more easy to imagine to beat. 

"What Tanjiro and Y/N are trying to master is a skill called Total Concentration," Shinobu told Inosuke and Zenitsu. "By continuing to do Total Concentration Breathing every second of every day, your basic stamina level will skyrocket."

The two looked at each other, evidentially confused. This made Shinobu's smile widen. "Let's get right to it!" 

And they basically failed. The two of them were on the floor, panting and sweating profusely. "Impossible!" Zenitsu yelled, wriggling his arms," Seriously impossible!"