29 • 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓢𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹

A door slided open, and Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke and you stepped into the train  compartment. Inosuke immediately went to the first window, yelling at how fast the train was moving. To stop getting kicked off the train, Zenitsu pulled the boy to the next compartment.

"Are you sure you're able to recognise his face?" Zenitsu asked. 

"Sure," Tanjiro said," He had this gaudy hairstyle, and I remember his scent too."

Just then, Inosuke caught sight of something outside, and yelled out again, disturbing the passengers. "I think I'll know it's him once I see hom," Tanjiro smiled.

He reached for the door, but a deafening, "UMAI!" just about scared the life out of them. While Zenitsu was hyperventilating, Tanjiro tried to open the door again.

"UMAI!" 

"Umai,"

"Umai,"

The hashira opened another bento while Tanjiro walked up to him. 

"Umai,"

"UMAI!"

Many boxes flew up into the air, and your hair was blown around violently.

"Why on earth is he so loud?" you muttered, fixing your hair.

Everyone else was just standing there in shock, while Rengoku carried on eating, unaware that several people are standing behind him. 

"Is that the Flame Hashira guy?" Zenitsu whispered to Tanjiro," Not just some random glutton?" The male gave a nod, but he seemed to be rethinking his life decisions. 

"Um, excuse me," Tanjiro interrupted the Hashira, with Zenitsu clutching the back of him. Rengoku didn't notice them, and continued to eat.

"Um, Rengoku-san," You nudged him, speaking a bit ouder.

"UMAI!"

You promptly fell to the ground in shock. While you tried to get your breathing stable again, Tanjiro tried talking to him again.

"Get up, Y/N-chan." Zenitsu said, holding a hand in front of you. You of course took it, but quickly let go. Whenever it cam to Zenitsu, some normal things usually get weird. 

On the bright side, the Hashira finally recognises the two of you.

"You both are the kids from that day at the Master's house."

"Yes. I'm Kamado Tanjiro. These are my fellow Demon Slayers, Hashibira Inosuke, Agatsuma Zenitsu and L/N Y/N."

You and Zenitsu bowed, but Inosuke just puffed his chest and blew smoke into the air. 

"I see. . .and in the box there. . ."

"Yes, it's my little sister, Nezuko."

"Right," Rengoku said, closing his eyes," That's the demon we saw. Since Master has acknowledged her, I won't say a word against her for now."

Tanjiro smiled slightly, before he was offered a seat at Rengoku's side.

As time went on, Inosuke carried on banging on the windows, and Zenitsu kept on yelling at him to stop drawing attention. 

You were in front of Tanjiro and Rengoku, looking out of the window at the rolling hills and valleys around you.

"Why are you four here?" Rengoku asked Tanjiro," A mission?"

"Yes," he said," We got an order from a Kagusai Crow. 'Go to the Mugen Train and join Rengoku on sight' he said."

"Right! I see now!" the Hashira yelled," Understood!"