20 • 𝓗𝓲𝓷𝓸𝓴𝓪𝓶𝓲

A torrent of blood was now flying in the air. Tanjiro's rhythm faltered, causing the boy to fall down, skidding across the rough earth. He landed in a heap, wheezing, his sword now broken. Blinking back the stars in his eyes, he gazed at his sword. 

"No way," he thought," My sword!"

He got up slowly, looking back at the siblings. Rui was still staring at him reproachfully.

Inosuke was holding his jaw, blood now flowing over his hand. He was breathing heavily and gazing at Tomiokawith wonder in his eyes. "Amazing!" he thought," He's on a different level! The force of his stroke was in a different class! He's head and shoulders above the rest!"

Tomioka was looking at the demon's crumbling body. "He slashed that tough-as-nails monster like it was tofu! Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!" The Hashira sheathed his sword, still not looking over at us. 

"Who is this guy? I still have goosebumps, dammit!" Finally, Tomioka looked over at Inosuke and I. Inosuke suddenly was standing up and I swear there were sparkles floating around him.

The Hashira, meanwhile, deadpanned. He swiftly turned his back to us and made his way in the opposite direction. 

"Hold up a second!" Inosuke yelled, pointing at the man. "Fight me, Mis-matched Haori! You beat that Twelve Kizuki! I'm gonna beat you! That's how I've drawn it up!"

"That's not a very good way of chalking something up." (I just wanted to be smart, okay?)

"Shut up Acorn! This is the best way!" the boy yelled," If I beat him, it makes me the most powerful of all!"

"Go back to training, idoit." Tomoika said. 

I held my breath, trying not to laugh. I watched Inosuke go to happy, to sad faster than Zenitsu's attack. 

"WHAT THE. . .!"

"That was no Twelve Kizuki, or anything close to one," Tomioka said," You can't even tell that much?"

"Sure I can tell!" Inosuke schreeched," I never thought that scrub could be one of the Twelve Kizuki, either! It was what Tanjiro said! (He said his name right-) He said it was one of the Twelve Kizuki!"

Tomioka began walking towards us. I don't think this was good. "All I did was repeat what he said, alright?" And our favourite boar was hanging from a tree. 

"Ummm..." He's too quick. 

"Wait you! Come back!"

"Stay out of battle if you don't even realise how hurt you are." the Hashira said. 

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU! YOUR VOICE IS TOO SOFT, AND YOU WALK TOO FAST! I said hold up a second!" Inosuke was fighting against his bonds, trying to get free. But he really should stay out of trouble. 

"Inosuke, I'll go with him. Perhaps he'll find Tanjiro, or Zenitsu." I said," Get some sleep, you do need it. And stay out of trouble. Bye!"

I ran off without turning back. 

Zenitsu was in bad shape. He was still using his breathing style, while Shinobu looked over him.

"Moshi Mosh! Are you alright?" she asked, hands cupped around her mouth. 

"Gramps."

"Who are you calling 'Gramps'?" she asked softly.

"Just now, Gramps showed up, and told me to not give up." His voice was no weak. 

"Ahh. You saw your life flashing before your eyes." Shinobu suddenly knelt." According to one theory, the reason one sees such images just before death is because you are searching for a way to avoid death by going through all your past experiences and memories." She took out a box and revealed a syringe, several needle and a bottle of medicine.