3 • 𝓢𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓸𝓶𝓸

I heard the soft sounds of a brush gliding along paper. I opened the shoji door to reveal Tanjiro writing in a journal. "Umm, Kamado-san?" I asked," What are you doing?" He jumper, before turning to me. "I'm writing a journal for Nezuko." he pointed to his sister, who was sleeping on a futon. His signature, checked haori was laid over her. "You must care for her so much." I whispered," She must be grateful for having such a kind-hearted brother." the boy blushed at my words. "What about you, Y/N-san? Do you have any siblings?" My expression hardened. I had an internal argument of whether or not I should tell him about my past. I gave in.

"Kamado-san, I should explain about my past. I have no recollections of my family. There was this man named Kibutsuji Muzan. He kidnapped me for my blood. It was better that marechi so the demon lord kept me alive. He would take my blood from me and give it to the Uppermoon to drink and become stronger. I escaped thankfully. I believe that he is still after me." I explained. The boy was quiet. His eyes lowered down towards the floor. "I'm sorry to hear that, Y/N-san. My family were slaughtered by a demon too. I do not know which one, but I do know his scent. We need to rest. Goodnight, Y/N-san." I waved to the boy before closing the shoji doors. Outside, I met Urokodaki-san. "So, that is your past, huh?" he said," I knew something was off about you. I'm sorry to hear that. No one should ever experience such a horror. "

"It's alright, Urokodaki-san." I murmured. I headed towards my room and plopped onto my futon. Today was a rough day. Tomorrow we are going to start our training too.

"Let's go"

The Demon Slayer Corps have several hundred members. It's an organisation unrecognised by the government. Yet, it's existed since the ancient times, and we continued to hunt demons to this day. But as for who is leading the Demon Slayer Corps, that remains a mystery. 

Demons.

Staple food . . . humans! They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows when and where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Flesh is restored after being hacked off and limbs can be newly regenerated. Some demons can shapeshift. Others have otherworldly powers. They can only be killed by sunlight, or by decapitation by a special sword. 

The Demon Slayers battle demons with their own mortal bodies. Since they're human, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs can't grow back! Even so, they battle the demons . . . to protect the humans. 

Tanjiro and I were running around the mountain, trying to dodge the traps. Urokodaki-san made us split up, so I was caught by the traps more frequently that I was with Tanjiro. 

"I am a trainer," Urokodaki said," I literally train swordsmen. There are many trainers and each of them train their pupils with each of their regiment in their location. To join the demon slayer corps, you must survive the Final Selection at Mt Fujikasane. Whether or not you are eligible for the Final Selection is up to me."

"Starting from today, I'm going to keep a journal for Nezuko." Tanjiro thought, avoiding the traps," I'm descending the mountain again today. I'm going to train my hardest so I wouldn't die in the Final Selection."

I jumped high in the air as a log swung underneath me. Rocks were thrown at me and knives were tossed around. It has been one week since I met Tanjiro. We were descending the mountain everyday, arriving at sundown. It is tiring. I have started to pinpoint many of the traps and I dodged many of them. Only one or two of them get me. 

Tanjiro had improved greatly. I sometimes see him, darting around the trees, desperately avoiding the traps. He seems to be much stronger now. He also told me that his sense of smell became stronger, which is a great advantage to have. I saw him in the distance, running. It seemed that he had accidentally triggered a trap and several knives flung out towards him. Thankfully, he dodged just in time.