31 • 𝓘𝓷𝓼𝓾𝓵𝓽

Your eyelids shot open as you woke up. The first this you saw was a pair of pink eyes, frowning at you.

"Nezuko," you said, standing up. You turned to see your new friend also waking up. "Nezuko's where's Tanjiro?" 

The demon hummed, pointing up at the ceiling of the train. "Is he on the roof?" You asked incredulously. 

"Mhm mhm!" 

"Alrighty," you drew your sword," Try and wake the others, we might need help soon." The girl punched her tiny fists in the air, saluting you. 

You waved, before turning to run to the end on the train. "Wait!" you heard someone yell. It was Kenji.

"What?"

"I want to help!" he said, his jaw set.

You sighed. He seemed desperate to help after you helped him. "No," you told him," If anything happens down here, and none of these guys wake up," you gestured to your sleepy friends and Rengoku," Defend them as best you can. Nezuko will help you too."

"B-but-" the boy spluttered, looking at his hands frantically," I don't have any weapons."

"I know, idiot," you rolled your eyes. Reaching in your coat pocket, you took out your trusty kunai and poison." Use this. It works on demons and stuff, but be careful. I don't know how the poison will affect humans, but still. It's not worth the risks."

"Uhm," 

"What now?"

"I don't know how to use it," he said.

"Figure it out. Just either use them like mini knives or something." you pulled the carriage door open," I need to go. Try not to die."

You reached the end of the train, and looked outside. Ignoring the wind slapping your face, you managed to see the ladder next to the door. 

You grabbed onto a rung, and began climbing your way up to the top of the train.

"Why did you wake up?" you heard the demon say. "Didn't I show you a sweet dream? I could've shown you a dream where your family was slaughtered. Would you have like that one better?"

You heaved yourself up on the top of the train. 

"Oh, so you broke from your dream too?" the demon said, chickling," I thought the dream would've broken your spirit, but I suppose you're stronger than that."

"What do you want?" you spat, getting up and drawing your sword. 

"I'm sorry for showing you such a sad dream," Enmu cooed, spreading his arms wide," Would you prefer a dream with all your friends? And you, boy," he gestured to Tanjiro," Would you like a dream where your father comes back to life?"

You knew the demon stuck a nerve. You noticed the veins on Tanjiro's neck bulge.

"What I really love," Enmu thought, "Is to show people a nightmare right after a happy dream. I  just adore the sight of a distorted human face."

"I get such a kick out of that! How enthralling is it just to stare at someone's face shattered by terror, misfortune, suffering? 

So, it may take longer, but I'll make sure to kill those Demon Slayers. Once the conductor punches them, making clamp marks. . . the spell activates. It took much longer, but it was the best way to go undetected. 

Not being detected is important. It is really reality for them until they understand that it's just a dream.

But somehow. . .