17 • 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓹𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂

"Dammit! What a pain in the butt*! I'm just gonna demolish them all at once!" Inosuke yelled, readying his swords. (*I do not curse, so I won't curse here, either.)

"You can't do that!" Tanjiro protested," Back off! There has to be a better way! So try not to hurt these-"

A puppet was dragged forwards towards Tanjiro. Murata lunged forwards to block the blow.

"Leave these guys to me and go ahead!" he shouted. 

"What kind of talk is that, Mr. Pissed My Pants?"

"I never pissed my pants, you stupid boar!" this angered Inosuke," I wasn't talking to you, so can you just shut up?"

The puppet came forward with a slash, which Murata dodged and held him back. "I know that wasn't my finest moment there, but I'm a Demon Slayer too! I'll find a way to hold them off! Now I know that I need to slash the threads, and these guys can only make the most elementary movements. I'll watch out for the spiders, too!

There has to be people under even more control closer to the demon. So, you three go on!"

"Understood. We appreciate this!" Tanjiro said. "Let's go, Inosuke, Y/N!"

He grabbed both our arms to bring us forwards. And, we were basically dragged to the site by him. Inosuke, obviously, was less than pleased by this. "Let go of me, dammit! I wanna pound that guy's face first! Who's he calling a 'stupid boar'?"

"Would you shut up! Just drop it and get out of here!"

"He has a point, Inosuke," I said.

"I'm so gonna punch you when I get back!"

"Dammit! I'm so gonna punch his face when I get back!"

"Stop talking like that!"

"He called me a 'Stupid Boar', okay, Monjiro?" Inosuke yelled.

"It's 'Tanjiro'! So anyways, we're heading the right way, right?"

"My senses never lie!"

"True. The way is correct, as far as I know," I said. 

"What the hell are these annoying threads?"

"That's how close we're getting to the demon!" Tanjiro said. 

"Isn't there a faster way of travel?" I asked," Who knows how many more people will get killed. It'll be better if we finish off the demons as soon as possible."

"True," Tanjiro agreed with me," But we need as much energy as possible for fighting. It will be best to run right now. "

We stopped suddenly, making me run into Inosuke. He, however, was looking forwards. "Here's another bunch," he said I looked over his shoulder to see another puppet, who was still alive.

"No," she whimpered," Don't come any closer. Please summon someone of higher rank!" She held a dead man's head in one hand, and there was another dead soldier at her feet, a sword sticking out of his neck. My stomach lurched. This was so cruel. The woman didn't want to kill the soldiers but was forced to. Some demons truly are monsters.

"Otherwise, everyone will get killed!" she cried, tears streaming down her face," Please. Please!"

Her sword was forced upwards. "Run!" she cried, before slashing at Tanjiro. He jumped out of the way just in time. The woman slashed the air some more, saying," I'm being controlled, so my movements aren't my own at all! I was never this strong!"

Her arms were brought backwards so far, that a crack was audible. She cried out in pain. However, the demon seemed to have more plans. The puppet was controlled so she attacked Tanjiro multiple times, slashing at him. Luckily, he miraculously dodged every one of them.