Ch 58

Having realized no one was on my tail anymore, I exhaled a sigh of relief.

“Noah, you can come out now. Phew, I thought I would die from a heart attack.”

When I called Noah’s name, he came running from a distance and approached me.

Noah asked with a worried look,

“Did anything happen?”

I shook my head.

My eyes then turned to the pendant, which was once an epitome of a squander item but has since been put to good use.

The ‘Sealing Pendant’, a holy relic that keeps the sacred powers within me hidden from the outside, completely blocks external divine powers and mana.

The Deviamon Guild Leader used memory distortion magic to force me to tell the truth.

I made a statement to him while acting totally enchanted.

Since he’s the leader of a black magic guild and I’m a saint, I won’t have to see his face again because I’m at a counterpoint that’s not easily accessed.

“God, today I became a virtuous swindler.”

I couldn’t predict what would happen in the future, but I smiled anyway.

A bad deed I suffer is something I pay back a hundredfold.

So I returned to the temple.

The next day.

Morning came, and the oracle preceded the day as if nothing had happened.

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, welcomes the rising sun]

[Oman, the God of Benevolence, examines your physical condition]

[Monde, the God of Art, suspects the dirt on your shoes]

“I couldn’t sleep, so I went out for the night nearby and came back.”

I spoke in a light tone.

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, is wary of something on the table]

My mind was suddenly taken back to something I bought at the night market yesterday. I lifted the egg the size of a child’s head from the table and carefully observed it.

That reminds me, I can’t say it’s a pet demon egg.

“I picked it up.”

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, notices your blatant lie]

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, is cautious about the egg]

[Oman, the God of Benevolence, strokes Ciel’s head]

In truth, the reason I bought this is that it reminds me of a pet parrot I once owned in my previous life.

There’s no telling what will come out of it, but having a ‘pet’ isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

The egg was cute, but it didn’t feel particularly special compared to the sack of gold coins that I reluctantly gave.

“Whatever the bloodline, you just have to raise it well.”

But can I give divine powers to a demon?

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

At that time. In the back alley.

“Leave the child.”

The knights left Noah and went outside at Kyle’s command.