20.

Atlanta, Georgia
____________________________

It was New Year's Eve and Meech had just finished spraying Tom Ford cologne all over his body. He was wearing a black Rhude long sleeve shirt, black Balmain jeans, and black Balenciaga Track sneakers.

Meech picked up the diamond earrings from his dresser and put them in his ears. He decided he wasn't going to wear any chains since his outfit was enough designer as is.

Heading out of his bedroom, Meech made his way downstairs to leave out. After grabbing the keys to his Camaro, he made his way out of the front door and locked it behind him.

Looking around the street, he didn't notice any familiar cars so he made his way over to his ride and hopped into the passenger.

Backing out of the driveway, Meech made his way over to Mai's campus since they were supposed to go to a club for the ball drop.

Deedra started her mother's Chrysler 300 that was parked further down the street and kept a distance between the two. She figured Meech was heading to see somebody since he didn't respond to her text about going out for the ball drop.

After about fifteen minutes, Meech parked his car in front of the building and Deedra parked her car a few parking spaces back.

"This bitch goes to Clark?" She said to herself as she sat back in her seat. About five minutes later, Meech was walking out of the building with Mai who was wearing a black monogram Balenciaga dress along with her Balenciaga slip toe heel booties. Her hair was laid with a Lace curly wig that was about 24 inches. It still looked wet.

Deedra was on the verge of tears. She usually spent New Years with Meech. Deciding against calling her mother, she headed towards Anasia's place to let off steam.

~

The two arrived at the club around eleven. They had approximately one hour before the ball dropped and it was going to officially be Mai's birthday month.

Meech walked through the club receiving stares from different women. He didn't care what they were thinking because he had Mai by his side tonight.

"What you want to drink, baby?" He held onto her waist as they approached the bar.

Although the two were only going as friends, Meech still wanted everybody in the club to be aware that Mai was off limits.

"A lemon drop." Mai smiled. She always kept it classy with her Vodka mixed drink at clubs, although she wasn't really into the club scene. Mai had only been to the club once or twice.

Meech nodded his head and placed his order to the bar tender after placing a twenty on the counter for the man. The man quickly made Mai's drink and gave it to her in no time. Mai thanked the man and grabbed her drink.

"It's packed in here." Mai said into Meech's ear before sipping her drink and bobbing her head to, Walk On Minks by Future.

"Everybody in this bitch for New Years." He licked over his lips as he looked over Mai, "You look good as fuck." Mai smiled before thanking him.

The Balenciaga dress popped up in her mail room a couple days ago. It had a note on it stating that Meech wanted her to wear it on New Years. He knew she'd look good in it.

The two spent the free time dancing and smoking weed. Mai had about three lemon drops once it hit eleven fifty-five.

"Alright, alright!" The announcer yelled into the mic, "The ball is about to drop in approximately five minutes!" They turned one of their screens onto the channel of the ball dropping in New York.