48.

Atlanta, Georgia
______________________________

Staying at Meech's house for the past week was hell for Mai. Of course Mai loved her boyfriend but he was constantly checking up on her, trying to feed, and didn't even want her to get out of bed half of the time. Which, it was a requirement for her to do as much walking as possible since her limbs were still a little weak.

She wanted to go back to her own apartment but Meech simply wouldn't let her and it was mainly because he didn't want to let her out of his sight. It was hard for him to go about his day and make his plays because he constantly had his mind on Mai.

As Mai sat in the middle of Meech's California King sized bed, she typed away on her computer trying to catch up on old assignments. Her professors were being very reasonable with her.

With her being a nursing major, most professors would tell her she had to drop the class and retake it. Retaking classes was the last thing on Mai's mind.

As she was about to submit an assignment, her phone started vibrating indicating someone was calling her. It wasn't no surprise that it was Meech.

"Hey Meech..." Answering the phone, she quickly put it on speaker before submitting her assignment.

"Don't 'hey Meech' me." He mocked her tone, "What you want to eat tonight?"

"I haven't thought about it. Maybe I can cook something." She hadn't cooked in a while especially since she was asleep for almost a month. When she found out everyone was calling her sleeping beauty she wanted to put her foot in they asses. As if she chose to sleep that long.

"Mmm, yeah I like that. Awe my baby gon' cook for a nigga. That's real love, Mai." She knew by his tone that he was smiling, "Text me what you need and I'll pick it up. I was 'bouta be on my way anyways. You miss me?"

"You know I do. I've been bored doing work but that's better than you checking on me every five minutes. You act like I'm on my death bed." She laughed a little although she was very serious.

"Mmcht, I try to be nice and look where the fuck it gets me." Shuffling on the other line, she could hear Chop yelling about something in the background, "Aight, I just stepped in June's shit. Ima' talk to you later, baby. I love you."

"I love you too." Mai hung up the phone and shook her head. She was going crazy and needed to relieve her stress as soon as possible.

Looking over her assignments, she seen that she was damn near caught up and decided to take a well-needed break. Closing her computer and hopping up, she carried it over to the dresser and placed it there.

Turning on some music, Role Model by Brent Faiyaz blasted throughout the room which made a smile spread across her face. She started bopping her head as she started to clean up Meech's bedroom.

Her items were damn near everywhere. She had shoes, clothes, hair products, makeup, damn near everything at Meech's.

"Might as well move in at this point." She muttered to herself as she grabbed the dirty clothes bin and went downstairs to start a load.

She had grown to hate stairs because for some reason, her legs were still a little weak and stairs made it even worse.

Putting in her first load, she took her time going back up the stairs to complete the rest of her cleaning.

About an hour and a half later, she had finished deep cleaning her room and was on her last loud of laundry. She didn't have much laundry to began with. In the midst of everything, Mai texted Meech what she needed from the grocery store.