44.

Meech opened his eyes slowly to a bright light hanging over him. His body felt stiff and constricted. He wanted to move but couldn't due to all the wires and machines he was connected to.

"Ma, he's up!" Jada said, jumping out of her seat while Alicia instantly looked up from her phone and rushed over to his side.

"Jada, go get the doctor." Alicia waved her off while she caressed Meech's face, "Demetrius, how do you feel, baby? You can't be scaring me like that."

Chop and June stood up from the couch looking over their friend. Alicia called them as soon as possible.

Meech stared at her as he tried to remember what happened. When it clicked, he instantly stopped caring about himself and wanted to check on Mai.

"Ma, where's Mai?" He said hoarsely as he tried to sit up.

"This nigga here..." Chop chuckled to himself while going back to take a seat on the couch.

"You can't be moving like that. You need to lay back and relax." Alicia instructed as Jada and the doctor rushed in.

"Hello Demetrius, Can I call you that?" Doctor Hansel looked over at him.

"Nah, call me Meech." He mugged him a bit causing Alicia to suck her teeth and Jada to snicker.

"Uh...alright Meech, you're very lucky to be alive and untouched! We just need to run—"

"Where is my girl?" Meech cut him off, "I need to see my girl. Is she good?"

"I'm afraid she hasn't woken up yet..." Doctor Hansel sighed a bit, knowing that Meech was referring to Mai.

"How long has it been since the accident?" Meech scrunched his face and looked around the room.

"It's only been a couple hours." Doctor Hansel gave a tight lipped smile.

"Well fuck allat' I want to see her." Meech started moving around to break loose from the wires.

"Demetrius, watch your mouth when talking to this doctor. He's trying to help you." Alicia sassed.

"Please don't disturb the wires, sir. I will get you situated." Doctor Hansel pleaded.

As the doctor started to remove the wires from him, Meech's heart was aching. If he wasn't speeding, Mai wouldn't be laid up in the hospital.

Once Meech was freed from the wires and machines, he asked for Mai's room number. Once he received it from the doctor, everyone left out of the room while he got dressed.

After he got dressed and grabbed his belongings, he headed down the hall and knocked on Mai's door. It opened to her mother, Racquel.

"You got some nerve bringing your narrow behind to—"

"Mom!" Malaysia shouted, which instantly stopped Racquel in her tracks. Racquel took a few deep breaths before letting Meech come in.

"Shit..." Meech said to himself as he looked over Mai's appearance. Her face was bruised up as her as her arms. Her arms had cuts from glass shards.  She had a cast on her left wrist.

"What the doctor's say?" Meech looked between Malaysia and Racquel.

"She fractured her wrist and she's in a c-coma." Racquel choked up a bit as tears rushed down her cheeks. Malaysia stood up from her seat and headed over to hug her.

"We just gotta' stay positive, Mom. She's going to wake up." Malaysia rubbed her back a bit.

Meech was lost for words. It hurt him even more to see Mai's mother crying. Especially since he had no damages. He honestly wished it could be the other way around.

"I just want to apologize and I take full responsibility. I shouldn't have been arguing with her while I was driving." Meech sighed as Malaysia let go of Racquel.

"If I could trade places with Mai right now, I would. No doubt 'cause it ain't fair at all." He added. Racquel only started crying more before she just ran into him and hugged him.

Meanwhile, Mai laid still looking like an angel. She wanted so badly to move but couldn't. Hearing her mother's cries was just making her even more upset.

"Im here!" Lakinna rushed in looking like a bat out of hell, "Oh my god!" She ran over to Mai's bedside and caressed her face.

"Meech, what the fuck happened?" Lakinna mugged him a bit. Meech sucked his teeth. He was in a room full of women and the only person that was cutting him slack was Malaysia.

Meech explained everything to them which instantly made Lakinna make a yikes face after hearing Amir's name.

"I put my daughter through hell and now she's going through even more hell." Racquel mumbled to herself. It was hard raising four kids with no help in the house.

"I'm sure you and Mai will overcome anything y'all going through. I got faith in both of you. Plus, Mai really loves and cares about you." Malaysia assured with a soft face.

"Literally. She can't get enough of her man and what she was saying was true. Amir's been harassing her for a while now." Lakinna added.

Meech nodded his head taking in what both girls were saying. He shouldn't have acted out on something so small but he did and he couldn't take it back. The only thing he could do now is make things right.

"Can y'all give me a minute while I talk to her?" He licked over his lips as he looked between everyone.

"Hell n—"

"We got you, Meech." Malaysia cut her mother off and pulled her out of the hospital room. Lakinna kissed Mai's cheek before leaving out of the room as well. She made sure to close the door behind her.

"Wassup mama," Meech let out a breath as he sat in the chair near her bedside, "Ionn' know when you gon' wake up and Ionn' know if you gon' still fuck with me the same but, I want you to know I love you and I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." A tear slipped out his eye as he bit down on his bottom lip sternly.

Meech never cried. It was an extremely rare thing for him but someone like Mai, brought that side out of him.

"But I gotchu' while you get yo' beauty rest. Ima' hold it down for the both of us and Ima' be here everyday." Meech pecked her lips a few times, "Ima' be back later 'cause I know yo moms and nem wanna kick it with you."

Standing up, Meech headed out of the room and Racquel and Lakinna entered. As Malaysia was about to do the same, Meech pulled her off to the side.

"Watch over her while I ain't there. I heard them doctors and nurses be rapin' women while they in a coma." He said sternly to her. Meech didn't play about any type of sexual assault and he was always ready to kill for Mai.

"I got you." Malaysia nodded her head and went back into the hospital room.

"What the verdict nigga?" Chop looked up from his phone as he sat in the waiting room with June. June smacked his teeth looking over Chop.

"She gettin' some sleep...for a little minute." Meech looked between both of his friends.

"The fuck? This ain't no time to be sleep." Chop scrunched up his face causing people in the waiting room to look at him crazy due to his language.

"Chop, shut yo' ass up. You an unsympathetic ass mothafucka." June mugged him a bit, "I'm sorry 'bout that Meech but shorty gon' be set. Let's not forget, she the same one that beat up Anasia and Deedra. She a fighter, nigga. Don't sweat that shit."

Nodding his head, he dapped up both June and Chop, "Y'all really my niggas man. I fuck with y'all."

"Love." June said.

"Love. Chop nodded his head.

The three headed out of the hospital. Chop went to his ride while Meech rode with June since his car was totaled. While he was still pissed about the whole Amir situation, it wasn't on his mind anymore. His main concerned was Mai and although she was in a coma and breathing, nobody knew when she was going to wake up.