54.

Atlanta, Georgia
_______________________________

"Mom, get up." Malaysia shook Racquel and the woman's eyes shot back open.

As she looked up and looked around, she was met with everyone staring at her as if she was a fool. She had fainted after hearing the news from Mai and Meech and was on the ground, unconscious for about six minutes.

Kelley and Alicia insisted on calling for help but Malaysia and Mai assured them that their mother was just being dramatic. Candy was beyond disgusted at her daughter's behavior.

"You silly, Mommy." Maleek giggled as he was about to put his hand in his mouth but Marquette snatched it away.

Lately, the young boy had picked up the habit of sucking on his fingers and Marquette tried to explain to him how dirty it was especially since Marquette was now learning about different sicknesses in his physical education class at school.

"What's going on?" Racquel swallowed as she looked between everyone, "I had the craziest dream. Mai said that she was—"

"Pregnant because I am, mom." Mai crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, "You ain't about to make this all about you either."

Mai was honestly fed up with her mother and knew that she only fell out for attention. Ever since Racquel met Meech for the first time over dinner and spoke negative about him, that's all Mai could think about when it came to her.

Not to mention, she heard the way Racquel was speaking to him while she was in a coma. She could only thank Meech for being so patient and understanding with her.

"Mai Solei Martin, I don't know who you are talking to but you ain't talking to—"

a/n: i don't know if i ever gave Mai a surname but it's Martin. Her and Malaysia share the same last name.

"Mom, stop." Malaysia helped Racquel off of the floor and sat her on the couch, "Mai is grown and you don't need to put any stress on her. That ain't right to be doin' this on Christmas."

"Racquel, this is a blessing. We're both blessed to hear that our children created something beautiful." Alicia tried to reason as Racquel scrunched her face up.

Alicia always tried to see the bright side of situations. There were individuals who weren't fortunate enough to see their children produce grandchildren. Alicia was glad that Meech got the right girl pregnant because she genuinely loved Mai.

"Mmm, let's go boys. We're going home." Racquel stood up, dusting off her onesie as she shook her head at her oldest daughter.

"We not ready to go yet." Marquette pouted a bit as Maleek ran over towards Meech and hid behind his legs. Meech turned around and lifted the little boy up.

Maleek had grown attached to Meech and loved being around him whenever he could. Meech also spent a lot of his money on Mai's younger siblings.

Before school started, he helped out with getting them clothes and shoes so they could look fresh. When he was younger, him and his brother didn't have the funds to wear nice things to school. In a way, Marquette and Maleek reminded him of him and Darius.

"I didn't ask you that. I'm the adult and I'm ready to go. Both of y'all better get it together 'cause I ain't asking again." Racquel snapped which made Marquette let out a long sigh before heading over to the tree to grab the rest of their presents.

"Pathetic." Mai stood still and shook her head.

She was beyond disgusted with her mother's behavior and was even more irritated with the fact that she was dragging her younger siblings into it. Today was about celebration, love, and giving.