43.

Switching into the gym, Mai was fully reppin' her school's colors while holding Meech's hand. Once Meech said he was going to the game, Mai already knew she wanted to walk in with him. Also, she wanted Amir to understand that she was far from single.

"'Bout time. I thought y'all weren't coming no more." Lakinna sassed jokingly as Mai and Meech took a seat next to her and Chop on the bleachers.

"How y'all—"

"We ran into each other on the way in here so we was tryna' save y'all seats." Lakinna cut her off.

Mai nodded her head slowly. She didn't believe a word Lakinna was saying but she wasn't going to ask anymore questions.

"How much you bet on this game, nigga?" Chop looked over at Meech.

"Man, I bet five hundred." Meech rubbed the back of his head a little, "These lil' niggas better win and if that nigga Amir don't do what the fuck you say he do, I'm finna' be mad."

"Amir?" Mai and Lakinna questioned in unison.

"Fuck y'all mean, Amir?" Chop mocked, "Y'all know that nigga?"

As Mai was about to answer, June and Malaysia walked into the gym and quickly found Mai and nem.

"Awh, shit!" Mai squealed a bit, hopping up and giving her sister a hug once she approached, "Bitch I ain't know you was coming."

"I ain't know either until June told me get ready." Malaysia chuckled a bit before sitting down.

"Wassup, fuck up with y'all niggas?" June greeted as he dapped Meech and Chop.

The group continued to chat amongst themselves until the game started. Lakinna invite Jodie but she said her cramps were acting up so she rather not come.

Once the game started all hell broke loose in the gym. Everyone was yelling and screaming, having the time of their lives.

Mai was honestly growing bored and nervous because caught Amir glance at her multiple times on the court. She didn't know why he couldn't seem to let it go especially when she was sitting next to Meech.

"Let's go play boy!" Chop called out while clapping his hands together twice.

"Damn, y'all got hella' new players." Malaysia glanced over at Mai, "These niggas looking so old nowadays."

"You lookin' too hard." June mugged her a bit causing Malaysia to giggle and blush.

Hours passed and the game was over. The boys were ecstatic being that they won their parlay. Clark won the basketball game and Amir had the best stats.

As the group was heading out of the gym, June and Malaysia split their separate ways from Chop and nem.

"Ayo Tonz!" Amir called out causing Chop to turn around, "You was just gon' come to my game without saying wassup to your flesh and blood nigga?" Amir headed over to the group and dapped Chop up.

"You did yo' thing out that mothafucka' tonight, cuz." Chop complimented while Mai rolled her eyes.

"Preciate it." Amir chuckled a bit before looking over Mai and Lakinna, "Damn Mai, you can speak."

Meech scrunched his face up instantly looking at Mai and then Amir, "Fuck you mean she can speak? Nigga don't be talkin' to my girl like that."

Mai chewed the inside of her cheek nervously. She knew this could go so many different ways but she wasn't in the wrong because she did tell Amir that she has a boyfriend.

"Alright y'all, I think it's time to go y'all. It's bout' time to go!" Lakinna wide eyed both Amir and Meech while tooting her lips up.

"My fault, nigga." Amir through his hands up in surrender chuckling a bit.