38.

Lakinna was in her hot bedroom bored out of her mind. She had friends but none of them compared to Mai. She wished she had the funds to stay in Atlanta the whole Summer but she simply didn't. The last thing she wanted to do was be around her parents and brother. The apartment was overcrowded and the air conditioning barely worked.

"Damn so Grandpa Michael was giving him a hard time at first?" Lakinna laughed on the phone with Mai as she laid on her bed with her bare feet on the wall, "I wish I could've been there, I would've had it up, chile."

"Yeah but my grandpa like him now. You know he told me he had his shot gun ready?" Mai rolled her eyes on the other line, "I can't even blame the man. I'm basically his daughter."

After dinner, Mai's grandfather and Meech bonded over firearms. Of course, Meech liked guns that were smaller such as glocks and pistols. The idea of getting down on one knee while working a draco or an AK was too much work. Meech was also a flashy individual who didn't want to get his expensive pants dirty.

"Anyways," LaKinna sat right-side up before switching topics, "Peanut popped out with a girlfriend after he claimed he wanted to get to know me. Ain't that some shit?"

"He was always a little sketchy to me anyways." Mai said nonchalantly, "Your man gon' fall right into your hands. It's going to happen unexpectedly and I ain't talkin' about that ex of yours."

"I guess you right." She scratched the back of her head, "I miss the A. I'm bored over here. Ain't nobody like my Mai."

"Oh hush you just tryna make my head big." Mai laughed as she looked at Meech calling on the other line, "I gotta—"

"Gon' head and attend to your man, girl. I know the routine. Bye." Lakinna laughed as Mai said her goodbyes and hung up the phone. She let out a long sigh and started scrolling through instagram and came across the picture Peanut posted with some ghetto looking girl. Lakinna often didn't like to judge since her name was ghetto.

Scrolling through the comments, she came across Chop's instagram. Out of curiosity she clicked it and saw that he had no posts and only highlights. Lakinna clicked one of the highlights which just showed pictures of gourmet meals at five star restaurants.

"Ooh, that shit look good." Lakinna continued scrolling through the highlights that contained at least thirty different pictures at different restaurants. She quickly exited the page because she no longer wanted to look like a stalker.

"You so damn dumb, Leon!" Lakinna's mother, Raven yelled as she hit him on the head multiple times with a rolled up magazine. Lakinna quickly rushed out of her room to be nosey.

"What he do now?" Lakinna snickered.

"Tell your sister what the hell you did and what the hell is your plan!" Raven placed both hands on her hips as Leon mugged the air and rubbed his head.

"I got this girl at school pregnant, I think." Leon said causing his mother to hit him with the magazine again.

"What you mean you think? It's either you did or you didn't." Lakinna duh-faced him.

"You know these hoes be messing with any and everything—"

"And them the type girls you like?" Raven held a face of disgust, "I did not raise you like that. You keep running around with them niggas and they gon' get you fucked up, Leon."

"So you ain't gon' know if it's yours until she has it or what?" Lakinna tried her best to hold her composure but she was definitely disappointed in her brother. The main thing she tells him is to not get one of these girls pregnant right now.

"She gonna go to the doctors and see how far she is. Then she gon match up to see if it's mine or some other niggas."

Raven slapped him with the magazine again, "Stop allat cursin' in my god damn house, boy. You ain't grown. Hell, if this baby is yours I don't know what you gon' do. You about to be a senior in high school, you ain't dropping out unless you walk up there with my foot up your ass and if you think you gonna make this young lady abort her baby, you got another thing coming. This is what happens when you want to be grown and fuck whomever and whatever instead of maintaining a fucking 3.0 grade point average!" She dropped the magazine on the floor and left out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her.

"You know you done fucked up right?" Lakinna rubbed her stuffy nose a little due to the air being so hot, "And you know she gon' tell Daddy on you."

Raven always wanted best for her family. She was born and raised in New York and knew that New York could either eat you or make you into something. She was glad she was married to a good man like Stephon but mad that he didn't enforce enough structure and discipline into his son. The boy was entirely too old now.

"Dad ain't gon' say shit." Leon shrugged, "I don't think I got that bitch pregnant. I think she just want me to be the father because I'm a fly ass nigga." He pulled up his pants and started heading to his room.

"That's exactly why, Ma was beating the hell out of you with that magazine. You need some sense knocked into your ass. She honestly ain't hit you hard enough." She shook her head before walking back to her room. Checking her phone, she saw two new notifications. One message was from her ex boyfriend, Suge and the other notification was a follow request on Instagram from Chop.

Ignoring the follow request, Lakinna kindly texted Suge back that she'll link with him. Of course she'd want to be with a scamming drug dealer. Suge stated that he was on the way to pick her up.

~

Chop snicked on his phone as he sat on June's couch.

"Fuck is so funny? I'm tryna laugh, nigga." June tried to peak over while playing 2k as Chop snatched his phone back.

"I wish you'd mind yo' ass, nigga. Damn!" Chop mugged.

"Oh. But it's okay for a motherfucker to be in my business, huh?" Meech smoked his blunt as he focused his attention on the tv. June and Meech were playing against each other in the game and one thing about Meech, he hated losing.

"Don't y'all got girlfriends to be messing with?" Chop stood up and headed into June's kitchen to see what was in the fridge.

"I don't have a girlfriend," June said as he made a bucket on the game, "But you definitely ain't gon' find yo ass one in my fridge. Get the hell out my fridge nigga."

"That's game!" Meech said at the bell went off and Meech was the last one to make a bucket. He was up thirty points on June, "Run me my money nigga."

"Allat talkin' Chop did. His ass distracted me." June mugged as he pulled his wad of money out and counted out two hundred dollars in twenties before giving it to Meech, "I ain't got no Benjamin's right now."

"I don't give a fuck. Money is money." Meech chuckled a bit as June handed him the money, "Chop what the fuck you was laughing at?"

"Damn!" Chop groaned, "No food, no privacy—I can't have shit!" He headed back over the couch and plopped back down.

"Doing allat temper tantrum, you gon' cause an earthquake in my damn house." June joked causing Chop and Meech to laugh. Chop never cared about fat jokes—I mean he knows he's fat.

"Just seen one of them reels on Instagram." Chop lied.

"That's it?" Meech mugged, "Nigga run me my match." Chop picked up June's controller and chose his team with Meech stuck with his, the Celtics.