49.

Atlanta, Georgia
______________________________

Chop headed over to his front door after hearing a knock on it. Although he was expecting company, he was sure to have his gun out and by his hip since anyone could pop up. Plus, Lakinna was in the room sleep and he wasn't letting anyone touching her.

Sucking his teeth after looking through the peephole, Chop opened it up looking over the familiar face.

"Took yo' ass long enough nigga, damn." He dapped up Amir as he walked into the home.

"Man look, Coach got us practicing damn near every three hours." Amir shook his head while looking around a bit, "This all you, Tonz?"

"Yessir." He nodded his head while heading over to the couch, picking up the bag of Cool Ranch Doritos he was munching on.

"Shit, I needa' get like you big boy." Amir laughed a bit before sitting down in the chair near the couch.

"You will, you just takin' the legal route and I respect that. If I could've did that shit, I woulda'. My big ass ain't chasing no nigga for a ball onna' court though." Smacking on his chips a bit, Amir bursted into laughter at his cousin.

"But nah, I just needa' rap to you right quick." Chop added before fixing the bag to his mouth and putting the rest of the crumbs in, "Wassup with you and that joint Mai?"

"Shit, ain't nun' up yet. I'm tryna' get at her though. That bitch is bad." Amir shrugged while leaning back a bit spreading his legs, "I seen her at the welcome party and it was like she was the only mothafucka' in the room."

"I fucks with that but you can't get at her. Her and my bro Meech real locked in and shit." He crumbled up the bag and held it in his hand.

"That nigga Meech, man," Amir sucked his teeth, mugging a bit, "I ain't like that shit he tried to pull after the game. If I want sum' Ima' go after it. You know how I am."

Amir has always been the type to chase after his dreams. I mean, he was damn near a basketball star and was most likely going to make it pro.

"I get that and that's how you supposed to be but like I said, Meech like my mothafuckin' brother and I'm just lettin' you know, he gon' slide about that one." He licked over his front teeth a bit.

"Meech gon' slide about anything. He always tweakin'." Amir mugged a bit until he seen Lakinna walking out of the back room with a blanket wrapped around her, "Fuck she doin' here?"

"Nigga watch your mouth." Lakinna mugged him before sitting by Chop and leaning on him.

"You ain't gon' be talkin' to her like that." Chop said sternly as Amir stood up pulling up his pants.

"I'm finna' slide, Tonz. I ain't fuckin' with the energy. Meech yo boy and shit but he ain't my men." He pulled out his vibrating phone from his pocket while walking over to the front door.

"Aight, play it how you want but at the end of day, you playin' with your life, Mir." Chop shrugged.

"Meech ain't the only nigga in the A with that shit on 'em." He simply stated before open the door and leaving out, letting it slam on its own.

"I could never be pressed over someone who doesn't want me." Lakinna shook her head.

~

"How's Mai been?" Alicia asked while sitting at the kitchen table in front of her son.

Meech decided to go visit her before he went back home. He had been so busy lately with taking care of Mai and still trying to stay in the loop of the streets. It was an obligation to make time for his Mother.