50.

Atlanta, Georgia
________________________________

Mai was now out of the shower, standing in front of the bathroom counter with nothing but a stain robe and house slippers on. Her body was freshly moisturized and her hair was thrown into a messy top knot bun since she hasn't gotten it done recently.

"It's positive." She stood with her arm crossed looking over at Meech who stood in the doorway.

"Damn..." He wanted to smile but after the attitude she just gave him, he couldn't, "My moms
was right."

"Right about what?" She scrunched her face up.

"Go head' and get dressed so I can take you to yo' shit, Mai." He walked over out of the bathroom and the bedroom with Mai hot on his tail.

"Excuse me?" She said, loudly, "You got me fucked up if you think I'm one of these hoes you used to mess with. I don't know who the fuck—"

"Stop stressin' my baby out." He turned around with a strong mug making her stop abruptly in her tracks, "All this attitude and shit ain't 'bouta keep slidin'. You gon' figure out what the fuck you got goin' on. A nigga just been wantin' you around and you wanna' give me yo' ass to kiss. I ain't with nun' of that shit Mai, you know Ion' play."

"Okay but I—"

"Ain't no 'but I' shit. It ain't shit else to say, fuck. Go get dressed so I can take you back to school." Meech stood there glaring at her for about fifteen seconds until she just bursted into tears.

Mai was an individual who rarely cried. She couldn't cry because who was going to be there to baby her? Nobody. She has always had so much on her plate and always had to be the strong one.

Meech was even a bit shocked. He didn't recall ever seeing her cry before so for her to start crying now, she had to be hurting.

"Why you crying, baby?" He softened his face and tone while walking closer to her.

"No, because you were just so mean to me, Demetrius." She put her head down causing tears to drop onto the carpet that covered the floor, "Don't talk to me."

"I ain't mean to be mean to you, baby. I'm sorry. I don't want to see you cry." Meech lifted her head up by her chin and pulled her into a hug, "I'm sorry, Mai fo' real. My intentions ain't to hurt your feelings, okay?"

Although Mai was being mean first with her nasty attitude, he was going to let slide since she was an emotional mess right about now. He didn't know much about women being pregnant but he knew how emotional they got.

Surprisingly, Meech hasn't gotten anyone pregnant throughout his many years of sex.

"Okay." She sniffed a bit, "I don't want to go back to school, I-I just wanted to see Kinna."

"Okay and you can see whoever you want whether you need me to pay for an Uber or you want me to take you or you want them to come ova'. It's up to you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." Leaning down, he kissed her forehead twice before letting go of her.

She started to head back into the room so she could get dressed and clear her face of tears.

"How you even get pregnant, mama? You said you was on birth control and you been poppin' them Plan B's like percs." Meech followed after her and sat on the edge of the bed as he watched her get dressed in the closet.