21.

Atlanta, Georgia
____________________________

It was January 1st, New Year's day and Mai had spent the night at Meech's house after their intense night of sex.

Meech woke up around nine in the morning and got himself together. He brushed his teeth, washed his face, took a shower, and got dressed all while Mai laid in the bed sleep.

Meech threw on a grey Nike tech before sliding on his white Air Force ones. He kept his jewelry simple with his diamond earrings.

He headed out of the room quietly after grabbing his gun and phone. Making his way downstairs, Meech grabbed his keys to his vehicle off of the kitchen counter and left the house, locking the door behind him. Heading over to his Camaro, he hopped in and sped off towards Deedra's house.

After about ten minutes, he pulled up and parked his vehicle outside of her house. Making his way out the vehicle, he made sure to lock it as he walked over to Deedra's front door and unlocked it, entering the house.

He looked around for a moment, trying to see if any of his belongings were still in the living room. Looking towards the steps, he saw a sleepy Deedra making her way down.

"What you doin' here so early?" She rubbed her face before tying her pink satin robe around her tightly. Her eyes were puffy due to all the crying she did last night.

"Just came to get my shit and leave, Dee." Meech shrugged before trying to brush past her until she grabbed his arm.

"Get your shit for what? Meech, don't play with me." Attitude laced Deedra's voice as she looked over him as if he had two heads.

"I ain't bouta keep fuckin' with you, Dee. I ain't on that no more." He licked over his lips as he looked at her.

"You a lot of things but you ain't stupid." She chuckled for a minute before crossing her arms, "So you tryna leave me for Mai?"

"Ain't nobody even say that."

"I saw y'all in the club last night. Kissing when the ball dropped and shit." Deedra shook her head feeling tears coming on, "You real fucked up, Meech. You know that? It's been me and you since high school. All of a sudden, you meet her and you're ready to drop your real life for her." Deedra was filled with many different emotions. Anger. Hurt. Love. She just wanted to express herself to Meech so he could possibly understand and not leave her.

"She done did sum' shit for me that nobody else could do." Meech shrugged as he looked over the girl.

"Like what, Meech? Huh? Anybody could suck and fuck your hoe ass off."

"You right but out of all these years of us messin' around, you ain't ever get me no gift. I spoiled yo' ass with a house, a car, money, bags, and more. I did all of it because I wanted to but you should want to do the same for me." He stared at Deedra's hurt facial expression, "My moms and Jada likes her—"

"She met your family?" Deedra raised her brows in pure shock.

Mai's gift left a mark in Meech's heart. The gift was thoughtful and he knew it came from her heart and she had nothing but good intentions. Mai bought the gift because she wanted to.

Meech nodded his head in response and Deedra scoffed feeling undefeated. Leaving the girl stuck, he took it upon himself to head upstairs and collect whatever he had left over Deedra's.

"All that stuff is mine. Don't touch a god damn thing Meech because I will call the police!" Deedra yelled as she ran upstairs after him and grabbed every item out of his hand.

"Call the police. My name on this muhfuckin' house, Dee." Meech shrugged as he snatched the items back from Deedra.

"So what the fuck you tryna say?" She scrunched her face up. The last thing she wanted to lose was her house but if anything meant her and Meech would be together than she was all for it.

"I ain't sayin' nothin'. I'm just getting my shit." He headed downstairs after collecting his items and Deedra chased after him. Making his way out the front door, Deedra stood on the steps as he put his items in the trunk of his car.

"I hate you, Meech! You know that? You came into my life and gave me nothing. I gave you everything plus some!" She yelled as tears streamed down her cheeks. Meech ignored her and got into his vehicle. As he was about to pull off, Deedra grabbed a nearby brick off of the ground and threw it at his back window shattering it into pieces.

Meech locked his jaw feeling anger come over him. His car was one of his most prized possessions. A car he's been wanting ever since he was a child. Instead of getting out to argue with the girl, Meech pulled off and headed back towards his house.

After fifteen minutes of driving, Meech parked his ride in the driveway and hopped out to collect the items from his trunk. Making his way to the front door, he unlocked it and headed inside, making sure to lock the door back.

The time was now ten forty-five and Mai had just came out the bathroom from brushing her teeth with a spare toothbrush and washing her face as Meech entered the bedroom.

"How you just gon' leave me in this big house all by myself?" Mai pouted a little before walking over to him to hug him after he placed his items on the ottoman in front of his bed, "What's that?"

"I had some shit to do early this morning." Meech broke away from the hug and looked down at her.

"Like what?" She raised a brow as she went over to the ottoman and looked through the stuff. Mai automatically assumed this stuff was from Deedra's house but she wanted him to say it.

"Had to get my shit from Deedra's house..." Meech shrugged a little.

"Mmm..." Mai rolled her eyes and grabbed her dress from last night to put back on. She was ready to leave.

"Don't start that shit, Mai." He grabbed the dress from her, "I want you to myself. You need to be my girl."

"You think since you stopped messing with Deedra that Im supposed to be your girl?" Mai laughed at him, "The sex is great but I ain't for you at all."

"Fuck you talm bout?" He scrunched up his face before throwing her dress onto the bed. Meech wasn't used to rejection. In fact, he's never been rejected.

"I don't need the whole Atlanta laughing at me. That's Deedra's job." She rolled her eyes before crossing her arms, "And don't be snatching shit from me."

"Or what?" He mugged her before softening his face up a bit, "You on joke time when I ain't playin' with you."

Mai ignored him and went over to grab her dress from the bed. She quickly put it on before grabbing her purse and phone. Grabbing her shoes from near the doorway, she put them on.

"Take me back to campus."

"You ain't got class until the 9th. I want you with me." He licked over his lips.

"I don't care what you want, Demetrius. If you're gonna act like this then I don't want to be messing with you." Mai was growing irritated by Meech. After the fighting with Deedra and Anasia, involving her sister into the drama, and being considered a side bitch, the last thing she wanted to do was get into a relationship with Meech. She had feelings for him, but she was going to continue to ignore every single feeling. The best way to break it off was to stop fucking him and move on to the next.

Meech sucked his teeth before rubbing his hands down his face. Many thoughts were running through his mind. He could've kept Deedra around if he knew Mai didn't want a relationship with him. Pulling out his keys from his pocket, he headed out of this bedroom and downstairs with Mai right behind him.