Chapter 23

Once the tall blonde had left from the now closed front entrance you rest tiredly against the door

Once the tall blonde had left from the now closed front entrance you rest tiredly against the door. Sliding down exhausted as you breathe slowly.

The day had just started and you were already over everything. Rising from your crouched position you walked lazily up the stairs disregarding the now chilled waffles that still sat inside the toaster.

If you had remembered you would have just thrown the food out you weren't exactly in the mood to eat anymore considering you parents arrival ruined any appetite you currently had. Once you reach the top of the stairs the echoing voices of your parents could be heard from within their room.

Walking past their door you turned the corner to your own room making sure to slam the door loudly to communicate your irritation with them.

They were rarely home but when they were home you never heard the end of it. No they weren't strict but they weren't lenient either, they were hover parents when they could be.

Always in your business and wanting to know what you were up to which is fine, but they went as far as stalking your social media accounts and checking your electronic devices whenever they felt you were hiding anything from them.

Mostly your mother.

Your dad just seemed to go with whatever she said. In all honesty you sometimes forgot he even existed he was so far up her ass.

You could tell they were trying. They seemed to sense the straining connection between you and them and they were trying hard to reconnect what you all never shared within your youth.

They wanted to be there for you.

And no matter how hard you tried to overlook the loneliness you felt as a child you just couldn't. You remember seeing all your other classmates have loving connections with their parents.

They always talked about how their parents were there helping them ride a bike, or bake cookies for the class party, or even chaperoned for school trips.

The girls would talk about how there moms helped them with their first period while the boys spoke about how their dad took them on camping trips.

Meanwhile all you had was a nanny who work 10-9 every Monday through Friday. The weekends your parents were home they just put you in front of a tv with snacks all day until it was time for you to sleep.