4 ★ The First Week

࿔₊°༺★༻࿔₊°

"Calisto, Crystal!"

Again the whisper started among the students as Crystal stepped forward and sat on the stool.

"The Crystal Calisto?"

"She said Calisto?"

"Can't believe she's back!"

Crystal saw people craning their heads, to get a better look at her and everything went blank as the hat was put on her head which covered her eyes.

"Hmm," the hat spoke in her ear and Crystal got goosebumps all of a sudden. "Complicated. Very Complex. Entangled like a web. A Calm mind, brilliant brain, but bigger courage, a high-risk taker that's rare, chivalry, great ambitions, hunger to prove yourself, my goodness, yes -- A leader! -- not common traits, one of a kind, really interesting... So where shall I put you?"

Crystal patiently tapped her index finger on her knee and thought I'm hungry can you just put me anywhere fast, er -- Mr. Magic Hat?

"Ho ho, I cannot make haste. Let's see, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor. A great mind for Ravenclaw but it will overshadow your other talents, Slytherin will be good you have great ambitions set to achieve but again your talents will be held back, hmm... Gryffindor... enough mind to use, aim to follow and very brave. Should we go with Gryffindor? Let me think again, very tricky..."

This went on for one to two minutes, there was whisper such as 'hat stall', 'she got hat stall' going on among the crowd.

Harry was more nervous than Crystal at this point because no Calisto ever got sorted in Gryffindor.

While Crystal on the other hand was giving out suggestions so that this got over fast. She didn't want to wear this old hat on her head anymore.

"Ravenclaw?"

"Can be... Let me think... Hmm... No."

"Hufflepuff?"

"Absolutely not, you cold and cruel little thing,"

"Beware, I'll rip you into bit of pieces, smelly old rag,"

"Listen yourself? No proof needed."

"Fine, Slytherin?"

"You've every qualities of being a Slytherin but your talents exceed to be placed there."

"Gryffindor. Final. I'm going there."

"Hmm... But -- "

"I'm not going back home."

"Little girl -- "

The hat shouted suddenly, startling Crystal herself as it was still making a decision but yelled in the middle without completing even its sentence.

"GRYFFINDOR -- "

"This damn old thing..." Crystal muttered very quietly, after immediately taking the hat off as soon as it was announced.

She raised her hand to chuck it back on the stool but held back as the whole school and teachers were watching her in silence with their jaws open. She very respectfully and awkwardly kept the hat back on the stool, patting a little dust with an awkward smile.

Crystal looked around at the silent hall nervously. What if she had taken more time than expected would she get rejected? She looked at Dumbledore who nodded at her with a smile.

Dumbledore clapped his hands breaking the silence. He smiled at her and the entire hall followed him snapping back and erupting in the loudest cheers and claps.