48 ✥ 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜!

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

You don't strike me as the type to care about the first kiss?

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

𝕳ERMIONE 𝖂AS 𝕷EANING 𝕬WAY from Ron, looking bewildered. Harry looked down at the sheet Ron was holding. There was something red on it. Something that looked horribly like —

“BLOOD!” Ron yelled into the stunned silence. “HE’S GONE!”

“N — no,” said Hermione in a trembling voice.

"Really?" Crystal said, failing very badly to hide her excitement. She cleared her throat again and said grimly, "Oh, Ron! I'm so sorry for your loss!"

Harry mentally slapped his forehead inside his mind looking at her brimming with happiness. Of all the times she could act well.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR FAKE CONDOLENCES!" Ron yelled at her, "I KNOW YOU'RE THE HAPPIEST ONE HERE TO KNOW THAT HE'S DEAD!"

"No, Ron. It's not true—" Hermione tried to convince him.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING!"

"Ron, don't shout at them!" Harry stood up, irritated. Just when everything was about to be normal again.

"WHY WOULD I NOT? YOU KNOW WHAT WAS ON THE FLOOR?" Ron shouted and threw something down onto Hermione’s rune translation.

Hermione, Crystal and Harry leaned forward. Lying on top of the weird, spiky shapes were several long, ginger cat hairs.

"Well, this doesn't prove anything," Crystal stated simply, looking at the cat hairs. "How many days has it been since your room was cleaned?"

"Are you BLIND?" Ron became more furious than before as he was screeching, "THIS IS THAT WRETCHED CAT'S HAIR!"

"Was your room messed up as though a tsunami went past it?" Crystal asked but without waiting for an answer she went up to the boys' dorm herself. Everyone was as confused as Harry was. The boy couldn't figure out what she was up to. Shortly, she came back and answered the question herself.

"I'm certain that Hermione's cat didn't eat your rat, Ron," Crystal said placing a hand on his shoulder, "You saw that your room was fine. Had there been a cat and mouse chase, the scene would be very different, don't you think?"

Ron was not in a state to reason with her. "Scabbers must be sleeping!" He said frustrated as he removed her hand.

"Ron, no rat would sleep on the bed when it knows that a predator is after his flesh," Crystal continued as calmly as ever. "This bunch looks as though it had been collected for some time. Look at these hairs — " Crystal separated some dirty looking, tangled hairs from the bunch, "— it has a lot of dust and fluff around it with static and these —" She pointed at the separate bunch, "these look a little fresher but doesn't have a fragrance. If Hermione's cat killed your rat, the hair should fragrance,"

"THAT CAT IS DIRTY! YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO SAVE IT!"

"Excuse me?" Crystal stifled a laugh, "Don't you see that cat lives with me too and I don't like anything dirty around me. So I make someone in the dorm bath it every day and have it brushed twice a day and the cat had its fur brushed just before I left for extra classes. And let me tell you, the cat accidentally spilled Parvati's perfume over itself but those hair doesn't smell like it!" Crystal justified herself.

"THEN HOW WILL YOU EXPLAIN THIS BLOOD?"

"My God, calm down, will you? My ears are sound sensitive," She said rubbing her ears then looked at him, "You want me to explain the blood. . . then there are two possibilities. First, he got injured by himself and second, Ron, don't deny that your rat was weird. I've almost felt that it's using his brain by the kind of tactics it had tried to bite me several times— now I suspect this is how it went—" Crystal snatched Hermione's quill and pierced the nib into her palm cutting an inch, without an ounce of pain on her face.