22 ✦ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝐴𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

Harry woke up early on Saturday morning and laid in the bed for a while thinking about the coming Quidditch match.

He was nervous, mainly at the thought of what Wood would say if Gryffindor lost, but also at the idea of facing a team mounted on the fastest racing brooms gold could buy. He had never wanted to beat Slytherin so badly.

After half an hour of lying there with his insides churning, he got up, dressed, and went down to breakfast early, where he found the rest of the Gryffindor team huddled at the long, empty table, all looking uptight and not speaking much.

Harry was also a bit upset that Crystal wouldn't be able to see his match.

Last night, Dumbledore had sent a note to her to talk the next morning at ten. He knew the meeting would go even past they start the match but a part of him also hoped that Crystal was not in trouble.

As he was sitting on the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, brooding over the thoughts and fighting his nerves someone nudged his shoulder with their elbow and sat beside him.

"Crys!" said Harry, all his gloomy thoughts vanished instantly.

"'Morning," said Crystal smiling and kept two lidded dishes occupying both her hands on the table, "Why aren't you eating?"

"Not feeling like it," said Harry. "What are those?"

Crystal slid the closed dishes in front of him and opened the lids. One plate had a slice of treacle tart and other had brownies.

"Tada! I knew you won't be eating so I went directly to the kitchens and baked these . . . " said Crystal pointing at brownies plate, " . . . as an apology for not able to come to your match,"

"It's not your fault!"

"It kind of is to be honest. . . Being a Calisto --- "

"No, it's not! Anyway, so you made all this for me? Really?" Harry asked surprised.

Crystal nodded.

"You've got to eat something that will keep you going. Just eat a little bit atleast."

"Yeah, Crystal! Make this boy come to his senses that he got to eat before match or he'll faint in midair." said Angelina.

"Harry, we can't take any risk today!" Oliver exclaimed, "we've got to win no matter what! Don't you dare choose today to faint and EAT!!"

"Well, Freddie, does it look like those mouthwatering brownies are only for Harry?" said George grinning at them.

"Oh, Georgie, what can we innocent and poor guys even do?" said Fred dramatically wipping a fake tear, "We don't get to eat the stuffs the princess makes with her own hands."

Crystal snapped her fingers and many similar dishes appeared on the empty table along with the breakfast.

"And the best drama queens of the year goes to Mr. Weasley and his brother Mr. Weasley," said Crystal, "I made plenty for the whole team, take a look."

Fred and George opened the lids off the dishes with huge grins.

"Just arrived a bit late," said Crystal added.

Everyone lunged at once to try as though this was once in a lifetime moment which if missed they'll regret forever. Those brownies looked mouthwatering.

"Woah! Perfect!" said Oliver, savouring the taste.

"So yummy Crystal!" said Alicia.

"It's better than the bakeries I went to! The sweetness is just on spot!" said Angelina.