50 ✥ 𝙲𝚛𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝙶𝚊𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

We don't flirt with each other!

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

"Harry— Malfoy saw him." Zachary said catching his breath as he ran all the way from Hogsmeade.

"Are you okay?" Crystal patted his back as he bent on his knees and slowly got normal and explained what happened when he heard Malfoy and his goons screaming; They saw Harry's head from his invisibility cloak; and would probably complain to Headmaster.

"What the . . . Malfoy must have told Snape all about it . . ."  Crystal sighed and told Zachary to rest.

She took an earring off from one ear and hid it in armour on the way to Snape's office. But she was too late to use the excuse of the lost earring to make up Harry's fake alibi. Crystal tried to calm herself, restoring her mental peace and stood outside the door, hiding behind the wall.

Neither Snape was holding back his snarky remarks on the Potters nor Harry held back his anger.

“How extraordinarily like your father you are, Potter,” Snape said suddenly, his eyes glinting. “He too is exceedingly arrogant. A small amount of talent on the Quidditch field made him think he was a cut above the rest of us too. Strutting around the place with his friends and admirers. . . The resemblance between you is uncanny.”

“My dad didn’t strut,” said Harry, before he could stop himself. “And neither do I.”

“Your father didn’t set much store by rules either,” Snape went on, pressing his advantage, his thin face full of malice. “Rules were for lesser mortals, not Quidditch Cup-winners. His head was so swollen —”

“SHUT UP!”

Harry was suddenly on his feet. Rage such as he had not felt ever. He didn’t care that Snape’s face had gone rigid, the black eyes flashing dangerously.

“What did you say to me, Potter?”

“I told you to shut up about my dad!” Harry yelled. “I know the truth, all right? He saved your life! Dumbledore told me! You wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for my dad!”

Snape’s sallow skin had gone the colour of sour milk.

“And did the headmaster tell you the circumstances in which your father saved my life?” he whispered. “Or did he consider the details too unpleasant for precious Potter’s delicate ears? Ask that father of yours what he did!”

Harry bit his lip. He didn’t know what had happened and didn’t want to admit it — but Snape seemed to have guessed the truth.

“I would hate for you to run away with a false idea of your father as what he'd been filling your brain with, Potter,” he said, a terrible grin twisting his face. “Has Headmaster or your father told you some act of his glorious heroism? Then let me correct you — your saintly father and his friends played a highly amusing joke on me that would have resulted in my death if your father hadn’t got cold feet at the last moment. There was nothing brave about what he did. He was saving his own skin as much as mine. Had their joke succeeded, he would have been expelled from Hogwarts.”

Snape’s uneven, yellowish teeth were bared.

“Turn out your pockets, Potter!” he spat suddenly.

Harry didn’t move. There was a pounding in his ears.

“Turn out your pockets, or we go straight to the headmaster and call your parents here! Pull them out, Potter!”