20 ✦ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝐿𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑂𝑛 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑙

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students.

Ginny Weasley, who had been looking pale, was bullied into taking some by Percy.

Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid's pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds.

Oliver Wood's enthusiasm for regular training sessions, however, was not dampened, which was why Harry was to be found, late one stormy Saturday afternoon a few days before Halloween, returning to Gryffindor Tower, drenched to the skin and splattered with mud.

While Crystal's life got even more hectic. She practically started to stay at the corner seat of the library all day, except classes, extra lessons and sleeping and skipping meals mostly.

She had been getting a lot of mails from Samantha regarding her startup status and stats of the last business quarter. Although the results were somewhat below what they expected but for the starters it wasn't too bad.

Hermione, Ron and Harry asked her about those mails many times but Crystal either brushed it off as nothing important or changed the topic smoothly.

She wanted to keep her Muggle life a secret from everyone as it would lead to a series of unwanted questions which she wished to remain unanswered.

So, the corner of the library was the best place to hide, no one knew what she had been up to lately and who kept sending her those mails.

Other than that, Crystal had also started to pace up her succession training, after Dumbledore analysed the current situation of the Calistos.

It got worse after the big scandal of illegal potions broke out that made many people go crazy and end up at St. Mungos, maybe for their whole life, the potion was lethal causing severe brain damage.

The Lennox family in question, were not taking responsibility for it, blaming it as the long run business of the Calisto' since decades.

Crystal needed to claim her authority as the Head of the Calisto next year by hook or crook.

She now had lessons with Dumbledore and other professors, both at morning and evening. On top of that she had to keep up with her school books and complete her homework on time.

While doing her homework by the window of the library hidden by the huge shelves, Crystal suddenly felt a prickly feeling on her back as though she was being watched.

She discreetly glanced at the glass of the window to see a reflection but strangely no one was there.

She got up and checked around a little by the shelves then gave up, thinking she was being paranoid and continued her homework.

But once she lost her concentration, it didn't seem like she could focus back.

Deciding to take a short break, Crystal left to stroll around in the corridors as it was damp outside.

Just then, passing by a deserted corridor, she heard Argus Filch, the caretaker, shouting at Harry. She catched up to them and sneaked up to him from behind.

"What did you do now, Harry?" She whispered following Harry who was following Filch downstairs.

"Crys!" Harry said surprised, then relieved upon seeing her. "I didn't do anything! He's just being a big git as usual,"