23 ✦ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑢𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐶𝑙𝑢𝑏

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

The news that Colin Creevey had been attacked and was now lying as though dead in the hospital wing had spread through the entire school by Monday morning.

The air was suddenly thick with rumor and suspicion. The first years were now moving around the castle in tight-knit groups, as though scared they would be attacked if they ventured forth alone.

Ginny Weasley, who sat next to Colin Creevey in Charms, was distraught. Harry felt that Fred and George were going the wrong way about cheering her up.

In the second week of December Professor McGonagall came around as usual, collecting names of those who would be staying at school for Christmas.

Harry, Crystal, Ron, and Hermione signed her list; they had heard that Malfoy was staying, which struck them as very suspicious. The holidays would be the perfect time to use the Polyjuice Potion and try to worm a confession out of him.

Harry was grumbling the whole time after he signed on the list.

"How could they go on skiing trip leaving us!" Harry said crumbling the last letter from his father in his fist and throwing it, "Can you believe it? Dad's obviously teasing us that they're going and we're not --- "

He stopped talking abruptly and quickly picked up all the letters back, trying to straighten the paper with his palm.

Crystal looked at him weirdly confused.

"No, I've to keep this safe. Just wait, I'll tell on him to Mum. I bet she doesn't know anything about these letters," He mumbled to himself.

"It's our punishment, Harry, spare your dad. He just likes messing with you," said Crystal, shaking her head, "I wouldn't have been able to go with you anyways. I've have extra classes throughout the winter holidays,"

"Are you actually crazy?" Harry said horrified, placing his hands on her shoulders, "Who in the world studies over the Christmas holidays?"

"Me, I do. Now, shut up and go back to sulking," said Crystal fed up with his rambling.

"Rude girl!" Harry stuck is tongue out at her. Crystal rolled her eyes at the childishness.

Crystal also made sure to send James and Lily a letter once a month.

But the major issue the quartet trio had at hand was that the potion was only half finished.

They still needed the bicorn horn and the boomslang skin, and the only place they were going to get them was from Snape's private stores.

So with Hermione's excellent planning skills they made strategy to steal them.

"What we need," said Hermione briskly as Thursday afternoon's double Potions lesson loomed nearer, "is a diversion. Then one of us can sneak into Snape's office and take what we need."

Harry and Ron looked at her nervously.

"I think Crysie and I'll do the actual stealing," Hermione continued in a matter-of-fact tone. "You two will be expelled if you get into any more trouble, and I've got a clean record. So all you need to do is cause enough mayhem to keep Snape busy for five minutes or so."

"Me? Stealing? That too from Snape?" Crystal said pointing at herself. "Last time I checked the records I didn't have much of a clear one and the cherry on the top of all this cake is that I'm on the most wanted list of Filch for killing his lover cat which I even didn't do."