49 ✥ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

Still can't believe you snogged her!

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

𝕿HREE 𝕯EMENTORS, three tall, black, hooded dementors, were looking up at Harry.

But he didn’t stop to think. Very swiftly, he reached a hand down on the arm, whipped out his wand and roared, “Expecto patronum!”

Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wand. He knew it had shot directly at the dementors but didn’t pause to watch; his mind still miraculously clear, he looked ahead — he was nearly there.

He stretched out his hand still grasping his wand and just managed to close his fingers over the small, struggling Snitch.

Madam Hooch’s whistle sounded. Harry turned around in midair and saw six scarlet blurs bearing down on him; the next moment, the whole team was hugging him so hard he was nearly pulled off his broom.

Down below he could hear the roars of the Gryffindors in the crowd.

“That’s my boy!” Wood kept yelling. Alicia, Angelina, and Katie had all kissed Harry; Fred had him in a grip so tight Harry felt as though his head would come off.

In complete disarray, the team managed to make its way back to the ground. Harry got off his broom and looked up to see a gaggle of Gryffindor supporters sprinting onto the field, Ron in the lead. Before he knew it, he had been engulfed by the cheering crowd.

“Yes!” Ron yelled, yanking Harry’s arm into the air. “Yes! Yes!”

“Well done, Harry!” said Percy, looking delighted. “Ten Galleons to me! Must find Penelope, excuse me —”

“Good for you, Harry!” roared Seamus Finnigan.

"Wonderful, Harry!" Zachary shouted and whistled.

“Ruddy brilliant!” boomed Hagrid over the heads of the milling Gryffindors.

Rozelle struggled to reach him through the crowd but as soon as she saw him, she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. Harry was so happy that he hugged her back just as tightly.

"You did it! I knew you can do it!" Rozelle said, pulling back slightly as she looked at him with her eyes full of happiness. Harry chuckled at her excitement as she just leaned in placing a kiss on both his cheeks.

“That was quite some Patronus,” said a voice in Harry’s ear.

Harry let go of Rozelle and turned around to see Professor Lupin, who looked both shaken and pleased.

"Hello, Professor Lupin!" Rozelle beamed like a ray of sunshine. Professor Lupin nodded his greetings with a smile. Rozelle with a last smile, patted Harry's cheek affectionately and left them.

“Professor Lupin! The dementors didn’t affect me at all!” Harry said excitedly. “I didn’t feel a thing!”

“That would be because they — er — weren’t dementors,” said Professor Lupin. “Come and see —”

He led Harry out of the crowd until they were able to see the edge of the field. Crystal and Zachary were standing together looking at something. Harry was now extremely nervous to face Crystal but—

Act normal. Act normal. ACT NORMAL! Harry repeated this over and over until they finally reached them. Crystal was completely like her usual nonchalant self as though she did forget what happened last night.