59 * 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐩

—✧—
Edit- TW: death, panic

ɢᴏғᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ-𝟹ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴄᴜᴘ—✧—

ɢᴏғ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ-𝟹
ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ
ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴄᴜᴘ
—✧—

"Seats for a hundred thousand," Mr. Weasley remarked, noting the awestruck expression on Crystal's face as she gazed up at the colossal stadium. "A Ministry task force of five hundred has been working on it all year. Muggle Repelling Charms cover every inch of it. Whenever Muggles have come near, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away... bless them," he added fondly, leading the way toward the nearest entrance, already surrounded by a swarm of shouting witches and wizards.

"And it was quite a feat, to be honest..." James interjected. "It was madness to have everything completed on time for this many people from around the world..."

"Prime seats!" exclaimed the Ministry witch at the entrance as she checked their tickets. "Top Box! Straight upstairs, Arthur, and as high as you can go. You too, James," she said, then turned to Crystal and continued, "Miss Carrington, you must go all the way to the top, to the terrace."

"Oh, you must be mistaken—" Mr. Weasley began, but Crystal quickly chimed in.

"Yes, that's me, Calliope Carrington! Thank you, I'll go to the top!" Crystal said swiftly. She took the ticket and muttered something to Mr. Weasley, who nodded in understanding.

"Calliope again? You're not sitting with us?" Ron inquired, remembering their first meeting in the train.

"Nah, too many important people will be there," Crystal whispered. "I don't wanna show my face."

The stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple. They ascended along with the rest of the crowd, which gradually dispersed through doors into the stands on their left and right.

"But why don't you want to meet them?" Hermione whispered. "Wouldn't it be good for you?"

"No," Crystal replied.

"Why not?"

"Uh, I turned down Bagman's invitation when he tried to butter me up, so I can't show my face there now," Crystal whispered. "Well, to be honest, I need a break from them. My jaws hurt from trying to maintain a constant smile, and there's the media. I don't want them snapping my picture and publishing it in news outlets. I've managed to roam around freely because no one has actually seen me."

Hermione chuckled. "True. Then let me come with you—"

"No... It's okay, Hermione. I have a favor to ask of you," Crystal said, leaning in to whisper in her ear. "Please keep an eye on Zachary whenever you can. I'll wait for you guys outside the stadium after it's over."