16 ✦ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠' 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

Harry had sent an owl to invite the Weasley siblings to his home again this summer but as there were only a few days left until the school reopen, Mrs. Weasley had politely declined. They had to prepare for school but suggested to meet at Diagon Alley on the same day.

Ron had already stayed at the Potter house for a few days when Harry invited his family, the Grangers and the Scamanders to his small birthday party.

Apart from all this, Crystal's intuition proved to be true and she was having a blast with Harry and his family. She had never known this much fun in her whole life as she had never played such games with the kids her age before but this summer was different.

It was a hot summer and Lily and James had taken a few days off their work to spend the last few days with their children. From Quidditch in the morning on day one to water fight in the backyard the next day and refreshing snacks and drinks after that, everyday was fun.

They played pillow castle at the night. At first, Crystal thought it was a bit of childish game to protect the castle made of pillows but as the game proceeded she was having fun and that's all mattered.

They paired as James and Harry in one team and Lily and Crystal in other which then became a girls versus boys games with girls winning.

One night, the game eventually turned into a pillow fight when Harry refused to accept defeat and attacked Crystal with his pillow as a challenge which she gladly accepted with a counter-smack of her pillow.

James and Lily joined in to support, as they fought against each other but their fight was something more than that. They were laughing their life out trying to get each other, lost in their own world.

Harry and Crystal stopped fighting as they found the adults fight more interesting when Lily had somehow managed to pin down the laughing James by his veiny arms with all her strength.

Crystal and Harry looked at each other with a mischievous smile and with an unsaid understanding, they started to attack James with the pillow taking the opportunity.

"Soldier! Attack Dad!" Harry shouted raising his pillow like a sword.

"Roger! Commander!" Crystal replied as they jumped on James attacking him with their pillows.

"Hey! Woah woah -- when did you guys become a team?" James said shielding himself with his hands. Lily moved out of the way laughing at her husband who was curled up taking the hits.

"Ever since you betrayed me and joined hands with mum! Destroy the enemy's castle, Crys!"

Crystal went to kick away the pillows arranged by James and Harry but she was suddenly seized up in the air by a pair of strong arms. Crystal squealed being surprised.

"Uncle James, put me down!"

"Ha Hah! Now, I've got your ally in my clutches, son!" James laughed haughtily, holding Crystal up in his arms. She gave him a bored look for his lousy acting as a villian.

"Let go of her, dad!" Harry criticized, "You aren't playing fairly! We didn't agree on taking hostages!"

"Everything is fair in love and war! You changed the team in the middle too!"

"That's a very unfair and rubbish saying! It was you and mum who teamed up first! You weren't even putting a slightest effort to attack her!"

"Can my feet touch the ground yet, Uncle James?" said Crystal but her voice drowned down father-son's fight.