41 ✥ 𝙿𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝟹𝟿𝟺

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

❝ I believe that I should get to decide the extent of the power I want, ❞

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

𝕳ARRY 𝕾TOOD 𝕱IRMLY on his ground as he stared at the tattered canvas of the fat lady's painting. All the blood drain his face but he wasn't sure of Crystal's reaction if she was scared, he got to do something. He peeked at her through the corner of his eyes but-

Something was strange. Harry did not doubt that he mistook or hallucinated. Crystal had a barely noticeable mysterious smile tugging on her lips. She was looking up at the painting and he had no idea what she was thinking.

Is she involved in this? Harry instantly brushed off the scandalous thought as soon as it crossed his mind. Black will kill her, there's no way.

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing. . ."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore then added, "Crystal, come with me,"

Crystal not expecting to be called out let out a short breath when everyone's eyes fell on her. She hastily whispered to her friends. "I'll be back," And without wasting a moment, nodded at Zachary who got the signal.

Dumbledore walked out with Crystal, closing the door behind him. The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened.

"Dean said that he saw her smile earlier," Rozelle's voice quavered with fear, "Did she do it?"

"My my, really? That stone face smiled?" Rubeila Lennox spoke dramatically loud, "Dumbledore must have caught her doing something suspicious!"

"Shut up!" Harry yelled in rage, "You have no idea what she goes through every day because of your family and how dare you!"

Rubiela pressed her lips on the verge of crying. A murmur spread among the students until Percy started to force the crowd to sleep.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

Why Dumbledore-did she do something after all? Harry's heart was beating so fast as though he was called out instead. He was immensely worried about the incident and Crystal. He hoped Crystal had got nothing to do with it.

"C'mon," Ron said to Harry and Hermione; they seized three sleeping bags and dragged them into a corner. Hermione took an extra sleeping bag for Crystal.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Ron. "But then why did he take Crysie with him?"