40 ✥ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙰𝚣𝚔𝚊𝚋𝚊𝚗

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

Did you ever had just a little bit of a crush on someone, even by mistake?

࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊° ࿔₊°

𝕴𝖓 𝖓𝖔 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people’s favourite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin by commenting on the state of his robes.

But no one else cared that Professor Lupin’s robes were patched and frayed, his next few lessons were just as interesting.

Harry and Crystal only wished they were as happy with some of his other classes. Worst of all was Potions, one of the weakest subjects Crystal just because of her mindset of usage of questionable insects, plants, creepy and crawlies. It still disgusted her to the bone. While Harry much like his mother had a good understanding of the subject but struggled to gain appropriate grades having Snape as the professor.

As for Snape, he was in a particularly vindictive mood these days, and no one was in any doubt why. The story of the boggart assuming Snape’s shape, and the way that Neville had dressed it in his grandmother’s clothes, had travelled through the school like wildfire. Snape didn’t seem to find it funny. His eyes flashed menacingly at the very mention of Professor Lupin’s name, and he was bullying Neville worse than ever.

Harry tried to apply Crystal's optimism and ignored the hours he spent in Professor Trelawney’s stifling tower room, deciphering lopsided shapes and symbols, trying to ignore the way Professor Trelawney’s enormous eyes filled with tears every time she looked at him and Crystal.

In contrast, Crystal enjoyed Professor Trelawney's expressions changing like the seven colours in the rainbow. She had officially titled Divinations class as her entertainment theatre where she could watch live plays.

Professor Trelawney's favourites, Parvati and Lavender started using hushed voices whenever they spoke to Harry and Crystal, as though they were on their deathbed.

Nobody really liked Care of Magical Creatures, which, after the action-packed first class, had become extremely dull. Hagrid seemed to have lost his confidence and Crystal too was not far behind him. She did not touch any creature after the first lesson.

They were now spending lesson after lesson learning how to look after flobberworms, which had to be some of the most boring creatures in existence. Crystal didn't even bother going near them and only stayed with Hermione helping her tear the leaves of lettuce apart.

“Why would anyone bother looking after them?” said Ron, after yet another hour of poking shredded lettuce down the flobberworms’ slimy throats.

"I'm going to fail this subject so badly that I don't even wanna think about it," said Crystal, looking at a wriggling flobberworm on the ground with a grimace. "Look at that thing, it's pathetic."

"Well, every life has a value, Crysie," Hermione rolled her eyes at her critique. Crystal looked at the 'valuable life' her friend was feeding and scoffed, suppressing a small laugh.

◆◇◆◇◆

At the start of October, Crystal's work which was put on hold for some time because of school started to pile up. Each day Zachary brought a new folder sent over to them and each folder was secured with encryption magic and only Crystal could decrypt it to readable script, this was implemented to keep the confidentiality of the information protected if the mail was intercepted while transport.