*𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

sɪᴅᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ-𝟷ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

sɪᴅᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ-𝟷
ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌 of school in December. Crystal, Harry, Hermione and Ron sat around the fireplace, each cradling a mug of rich, steaming hot chocolate in their hands. With Crystal enjoying a brief respite from her usual work demands, it was a rare moment for the four friends to simply unwind together.

Despite the imminent holiday break, Hogwarts remained abuzz with activity, not only from its own students but also from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, all drawn to the excitement of the Triwizard Tournament hosted within the castle's walls. And looming ahead was the grand Yule Ball, where champions selected by the mystical Goblet of Fire would grace the dance floor with the first dance of the ball.

"I was hoping this year would be normal." Harry said.

"Why do they need such tournaments? Are the wizards not entertained enough?" Crystal's voice dripped with skepticism. "They could choose some other option if they're so bored from Quidditch..."

"I know right, fight dragons?" Harry nodded vigorously in agreement, "It's nothing but digging your own grave. If I ever travel back in time and find the bitch or bastard who started this, I am gonna Avada Kedavra them without any remorse."

"Language, Harry!" Hermione reprimanded him but he just rolled his eyes instead.

"Yeah! And a dance?" Ron chimed in, adding his own incredulity. "But we never had this kind of thing in our school before, so it's a bit exciting and appealing,"

Crystal shook her head, unimpressed. "I fail to see the appeal."

"You fail to see appeal in everything, what's new in that?" Ron laughed.

"Speaking of dance, I want to see your dress, Crysie!" Hermione, ever the pragmatist, changed the subject.

Crystal blinked, momentarily caught off guard by the sudden question. "Oh, I don't have one yet," She admitted nonchalantly.

"What?" Ron's surprise was palpable, "You knew about the ball before any of us and yet—!"

Well, I hadn't intended on attending," Crystal explained. "I had prior commitments, including checking in on someone."