Chapter Twenty-Eight

Maleeka Winters

Maleeka smiled as she dried her hands off. They just finished dinner and now they were all in the living room having hot cocoa.

"Maleeka come on it's almost midnight." Charlene said.

Maleeka smiled and sat beside yoongi. Carl handed Charlene a big box, Charlene smiled as she handed it to Maleeka.

"Mom what did you get me?" Maleeka asked.

"Just open it." Charlene said.

Maleeka opened the present anxiously to see what it was. Her eyes water as she looked at the portrait.

"You said that Josh destroyed your favorite picture of us. So I decided to get the one I had blown up. Merry Christmas baby." Charlene said.

Maleeka cried as she stared at the photo. In an argument Josh ripped up her favorite photo of her and her family.

"Thank you guys." Maleeka said as she hugged her mother.

Yoongi smiled as he watched them interact. Maleeka pulled out a box and gave it to them.

"Child what is this?" Charlene asked.

"Just open it and find out, it's from Yoongi and I." Maleeka said grabbing Yoongi hand.

Yoongi smiled as he looked at her. Charlene opened the gift and immediately smiled.

"How did you even get this picture?" Carl asked.

Yoongi smiled, it was a custom made 3d photo of them on there wedding day.

"I had it in my phone, I took a picture of it before I came here. There's also a candle and a card." Maleeka said.

Carl looked at the candle and laughed.

"Having me as a son in law is the only gift you need." Carl read the candle.

Everyone laughed.

"What is this?" Charlene asked opening the card.

She pulled out a check, $10,000 Carl immediately snatched it out of her hand putting it close to his face.

"You guys can finally take that trip to Hawaii that you been talking about." Maleeka said.

Charlene eyes began to water.

"I put in five and she put in five. Merry Christmas." Yoongi smiled as he sipped his hot chocolate.

Carl smiled.

"Well Maleeka mentioned you a few months ago and I did some research on you and I know you like wine. So I had this wine since our wedding, I told Maleeka the next boyfriend I trust will get the wine for there wedding. So here you are...Cabernet Sauvignon." Carl said.

Yoongi mouth dropped as Maleeka eyes widen.

"T-this is a $500,000 bottle, how?" Yoongi asked.