Chapter Thirty

Maleeka Winters

Maleeka sighed as she closed the cab door. She was an emotional disaster, and she was eager to just be alone.

"Are you sure you're not going to come with us?" Carl asked.

"Yoongi and I will take the next one." Maleeka smiled.

"Carl leave her alone she needs time to herself, don't worry baby come when you can." Charlene said.

Maleeka smiled.

"Drive safe." She said.

Her parents wave as the car pulled off. She took a deep breath as she looked at the dark sky. She felt arms wrap around her and turned around.

"Are you ok?" Yoongi asked.

"I'm ok, just want to cool off." She said.

"Let's go for a walk then." He said grabbing her hand.

Maleeka smiled as they began walking.

"He gave me a ultimatum." Yoongi said.

"What do you mean?" She asked as she stopped walking.

Yoongi sighed.

"It was you or them...I chose you." He said.

"What about your mom? No you have to go back." She said.

Yoongi immediately shook his head.

"No I made my decision." He said.

Maleeka eyes began to water.

"Why? Why did you do that? That's your family. How could you abandon your family for me? I'm a nobody." She cried as she repeatedly hit his chest.

Yoongi eyes watered as he grabbed her hands making her stop.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" He yelled.

Maleeka cried as she broke down in his arms.

"I love you more than anything and they abandoned me." He said as he pulled her close to his chest.

"I didn't mean to cause so much disturbance in your life." She mumbled.

Yoongi looked at her.

"It's not you who caused it, it's the other way around." He mumbled.

Maleeka cried harder and Yoongi heart pained as he heard her cries. He thought she wouldn't be able to handle his life, but it was him who couldn't handle his life.

"Come on let's get you out of this cold weather." He said.

He called a car and they headed to the cabin. Once they made it inside Maleeka checked on her parents and they were sound asleep. She went downstairs to see Yoongi making hot chocolate.

"Here you go darling." He said.

Maleeka did a weak smile as she sipped from the cup. Yoongi looked at her as he sipped his cup.